Part 33

Greyson's POV

"Grey?" I heard as the door opened.

I placed the pearl earring in my ear before rushing down the steps to see my sister. "Sade, I'm so sorry. I heard about what happened wi-," I stopped short as I took sight of her. She was hunched over on a pair of crutches, her foot heavily bandaged and a tired look on her face. "Sadie," I trailed.

"Relax, Grey. I'm fine," she muttered.

"You're not fine! You-you have crutches and stitches and, and," I stuttered out in disbelief. I had no idea it was this bad. I figured she'd just get a stitch or two.

"Look, Grey. I'm not mad at you or anything, but you need to stop this," she said sternly, making my back straighten in surprise. My younger sister was actually parenting me. "I get it. We are friends with four idiots who don't know their place, but you can't fall off the deep end every time someone says something insensitive."

I took a deep breath, registering everything she was telling me. She was right; I couldn't keep doing this to her, to myself, and now, to those boys. "I get that it's hard to deal with Grey, and I can't imagine what you must be feeling. But, you're not the only one struggling here. Me and the guys are hurting, and sometimes we fall off the deep end too. That's what happened with Ash, so don't take what he said to heart. He just didn't have anyone to go to, and so he ended up lashing out at you. From now on, we should all just have each other's backs, that way we stop lashing out at each other."

She was beginning to go off on a tangent, and she seemed to be talking more to herself than me. "You're right," I said stopping her train of thought. "We need to be there for each other, or else we are just going to keep up this cycle of lashing out at each other. But, Sade, I don't know if I want to bring them into this."

She sighed quietly. "Neither do I," she said barely above a whisper. "But, I think it might be too late for that, Grey."

I ran a hand through my hair with a sigh, nodding regretfully in agreement. There was no way of getting around the fact that I was a part of the boys' lives just as much as they were a part of mine. The only way I could get them out of this toxic friendship was if Luke couldn't come through with this plan. I really liked him, but I had to let him go. It was for the best that he and his mates were out of my life, so they could be happy again. I had to do everything in my power to not fall in love with the goofy blonde surfer guy that lives down the street.

"Michael told me that you are going on a date with Luke tonight," Sadie said after a moment of silence.

"Uh, yeah," I mumbled looking down and smoothing out mint dress I had just put on. "What else did he tell you?"

"Everything," Sadie said matter-of-factly. "You don't have to fight him, Grey. If you like him, then date him. Don't try to make him stay out of our lives."

"I don't know, Sade," I said as I bent down to tie my white converse.

She sighed as she started fixing my hair. "Well, I think it's too late to try and throw them out of our lives, but I understand if you want to try. I support you in whatever you decide."

I pulled her into a hug and mumbled a "thank you" into her hair. It felt like years since her and I supported each other on a decision.

"You better get going," she said as she pulled out of the hug and eyed the time on her phone. "Michael said Luke was expecting you at the bungalow by 6."

I nodded vigorously, my nerves suddenly making themselves known. I shook out my hands and took a deep breath. "I'll see you later," I nodded to my sister before grabbing my little cross body purse, throwing it over my shoulder, and heading out the door.