Part 43

Greyson's POV

I woke up to light snores beside me only to realize they were Luke's. Last night's events were slowly coming back to me, and I reached down to my side, excited with the fact that I was no longer in excruciating pain. I silently groaned when I tried to move my leg, but couldn't. Still no feeling. I looked over and saw my little sister entangled in Luke's legs, both of them trying to fit on the bed without getting in the other's way. She was using my feet as a pillow, but I had no idea because I couldn't feel anything anyway. 

I looked to the clock to see that it was a bit after 7:30, and I wondered how long the two had been asleep. Either way I would feel bad waking them up after I was the reason they were so tired in the first place. I looked around the room and realized that the other three boys were nowhere to be found. Maybe they went back to their own rooms and got some rest. I was glad if that is where they were. They deserved the sleep. 

"Quiet down," I heard out in the hall. I believe it was Ashton who said it, but I couldn't be sure in my foggy, morning state. I heard two of the showers start up, the sound of the rain outside meshing perfectly with the water. The door to the room I was in creaked open slowly, and Ashton silently tip-toed in. He turned his back to me as he closed the door, and I took in his dripping wet body. 

He turned once he successfully closed the bedroom door without making a sound when our eyes met. "Hey," he said softly and mock enthusiastically. I could see the bags under his eyes, and I knew my hope that they had gotten any sleep was crushed. "How are you feeling?"

I brought my finger to my lips, signaling him to be quiet before pointing to Luke and my sister. "They need to sleep," I said as I looked Ashton up and down. "And so do you."

"I'm okay," he whispered with a smile as he knelt down beside the bed. "Now, do you need anything? How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Still no feeling, though," I breathed out sadly as I ran my hand over my right side. "Why are you all wet?"

He frowned slightly when I told him that I still couldn't move my leg, but he covered it up rather quickly. "The storm is really bad, and we've been outside boarding up the house for the last few hours." 

"Hey man, you're turn," Michael said as he walked into the bedroom. I tried to shush him, but it was no use as Sadie and Luke began to stir. "Oh, shit, sorry. I figured you were all already awake."

"What time is it?" Luke asked through a yawn while still not opening his eyes. Ashton gave Michael a displeased look before walking past him out the door, ignoring Luke's question. 

"Hey, just go back to sleep," I said softly as I ran my hand through his hair in an attempt to make him fall asleep. At the sound of my voice, however, Luke's eyes shot open, and he became more awake than ever. 

"You're awake? How long have you been up? Why didn't you wake me up?" He began firing questions at me. 

"Luke, calm the fuck down," Sadie groaned from her spot on the bed. She must not have gotten any sleep considering she never cursed like that. 

"If I could kick you for that language of yours, I would," I threatened playfully, but Sadie didn't seem to find the humor in my words. Rather, they made her become a bit more awake and caused her to sit up on the bed and finally meet my eyes. 

"You still can't feel anything?" She questioned, her voice dripping with confusion. I shook my head no and shrugged, trying to indicate to the boys that this was normal, even though Sadie and I both knew it was anything but. 

"Lu, Mike, can- uh- can you make something for breakfast? I'm really hungry," I lied through my teeth, looking at the two boys whose faces showed that they were trying to figure out why Sadie sounded so worried. At my request, however, any thought that something was up seemed to dissipate and left only their promise to do whatever I asked of them. Both boys nodded vigorously and left the room to prepare a likely-to-be over the top breakfast for the household.