Chapter 44

Draco

I started muttering healing spells after Harry apparated. Ginny fed Scorpius from a bottle from the fridge. Hermione groaned as the bleeding stopped.

I summoned bandages and wrapped her arms. She flinched slightly but quickly got over it.

"Just like old times huh?" She chuckled dryly.

I held her close. "You need to stop getting hurt," I muttered.

She pulled her knees up so her chest and stuffed her face in my chest. She muttered something I couldn't understand.

"What was that?" I asked.

She pulled back. "Shut up."

Ginny laughed. I glared at both of them. Hermione glared back making me only glare at her. We glared at each other for a solid two minutes before her gaze got to me.

I smashed my lips to hers, completely scaring her. She jumped back quickly. "What the heck?! I was glaring at you!" She yelled, half heartedly.

"Please, as much as you love staring at my hotness you love kissing it more," I smirked.

"Don't flatter yourself," she laughed, pushing my shoulder.

"I'm merely voicing your thoughts," I replied, holding my wand in front of my face.

"Liar, I wasn't thinking anything along the lines of what you said," she snapped.

"No, but now you are," I smirked.

"Shut it!" Ginny growled. "You bicker like an old married couple!"

"Speaking of which, we need to plan the wedding," Hermione butted in.

"No, too much has happened today," I said.

Hermione sighed. "Why is everything so complicated?"

"Because it's life, Hermione, and life is hard, and dangerous, and complicated," Ginny said. "Now take your baby so I can go see Harry."

I took Scorpius from her and she apparated. Scorpius fell asleep in my arms so I set him in the playpen. I walked back to Hermione.

"Can you walk?" I asked, taking her hand.

"Probably," she replied, slowly standing up. "Yeah."

"Good," I smiled, walking to the record player. "Because we've never danced together. We need to practice for the wedding."

I put in a record I knew and took Hermione's hand. "Are you sure about this, I mean I can't dance-"

"You'll be fine," I said just before the song started. I took one of her hands in mine and put the other on her waist.

"L, is for the way you look, at me," the song played.

"O, is for the only one I see," I sang in a low voice, making Hermione laugh. I led her around the living room."V, is very, very, extraordinary. E, is for the only, only one that you adore. And love, is all that I can give to you. Love, is more than just a game for two. Two, in love can make it, take my heart but please don't break it. Love, it means that I, love, you."

Hermione had a huge smile on her face when the song finished. I slowly leaned down and kissed her. It was a slow, gentle kiss.

We both groaned when Scorpius started crying.

~*~*~

Another night of crying. Scorpius cried six times and it's only three in the morning. Hermione had a nightmare around midnight so we were both stressed.

~*~*~

"So you really want those colors?" Molly asked.

"Sounds perfect," I replied.

"So the wedding is in two weeks?" She continued.

"Yup," Hermione cut in.

"You and Ginny bought a dress?" She asked.

"Yes, Molly, we are ready for the wedding. We have plans for the Honeymoon and Ginny wanted to watch Scorpius for practice," I said.

"Okay... my baby's getting married!" She yelled, engulfing Hermione in a hug.

Hermione laughed.

"I'm excited," she replied. "In just two weeks time I'll be Hermione Jean Malfoy... it doesn't sound real."

"And just think, my wife will be Hermione Jean Malfoy... so weird," I said.

"I can't wait!" Hermione said.