Chapter 39

Hermione (three weeks later)

I woke to a terrible pain in my lower stomach. I cried in pain as the pain grew.

"Draco! WAKE up!" I yelled.

I suddenly felt it... blood. Draco slowly opened his eyes but shot up as I cried in pain again.

"Hermione?! What's wrong?!" He asked quickly.

"Baby, St. Mungos, NOW," I yelled.

He picked me up as the blood seeped through my clothing. He ran downstairs and flooed to St. Mungos.

The pain was excruciating as the healers took me to the emergency room. Draco stayed by my side the whole time, holding my hand.

"Hermione," he said softly, "they are going to do an emergency sea section."

I felt a sharp pain in my arm before all the pain started to ebb away.

"B..but I'm only seven months... it's to early," I cried.

"If they don't you and the baby can die..." He whispered.

The healers put a curtain keeping me from seeing what was happening.

"I need you to look at me Hermione," Draco said. "Don't pay attention to them. Just look at me."

"It's a boy," a healer stated.

I didn't hear a cry... they didn't let Draco cut the cord.

"Draco," I whimpered. "Is the baby okay? Where's my baby?!"

"Hermione, if you don't calm down they will have to knock you out," Draco said softly. "They are taking the baby to the nursery. They have to put him in an incubator."

He tried as hard as he could to keep the tears from falling. Tears leaked from both of our eyes.

"Hermione, they are going to knock you out, okay?" He asked.

I didn't have time to answer before I saw black.

Draco

I woke to Hermione crying in pain.

"Hermione?! What's wrong?!" I asked quickly.

"Baby, St. Mungos, NOW!" She yelled.

I picked her up and noticed the blood. I flooed her to the hospital. Within seconds they were taking her to the emergency room. I held Hermione's hand as a healer asked me questions.

"Do you want me to inform anyone you are here?" She asked.

"The Weasley's, Potters, and Nott's," I replied.

She nodded and ran off. "We have to do an emergency sea section," one healer said when we made it to the room.

Hermione cried in pain again so they put a shot in her arm. For the pain, I thought.

"Hermione," I said softly, "they are going to do an emergency sea section."

"B..but I'm only seven months... it's to early," she cried.

Will the baby be okay?

"If they don't you and the baby can die..." I whispered.

The healers put a curtain keeping her from seeing what was happening.

"I need you to look at me Hermione," I said, trying to help her relax. "Don't pay attention to them. Just look at me."

"It's a boy," a healer stated.

I didn't hear a cry... they didn't let me cut the cord...

I looked over the curtain to see the smallest baby I'd ever seen. He was tiny, the size of a hand.

"Take him to the nursery, put him in an incubator and put healing charms on him," the head healer said.

"Draco," she whimpered. "Is the baby okay? Where's my baby?!"

"Hermione, if you don't calm down they will have to knock you out," I said softly. "They are taking the baby to the nursery. They have to put him in an incubator."

I tried as hard as I could to keep the tears from falling. Tears leaked from both of our eyes.

"Hermione, they are going to knock you out, okay?" I asked.

Before she could answer they knocked her out. They stitched up her stomach and took her to a room. I refused to leave her side.

"Can we let the guests in now?" The healer asked.

"Yes," I replied, holding Hermione's hand firmly in my own.

I looked at Hermione's pale face then at her flat stomach. I sighed and stroked her hair.

The door opened but I didn't look up. The room filled with people.

"Draco! What happened?! She wasn't due for for two months!" Ginny exclaimed.

I shushed her. "Don't be so loud, you don't want to wake her up," I replied. "She woke up an hour ago, crying in pain. She told me to take her to the hospital. Then I noticed the blood... so much blood. We can't see the baby for a couple hours."

I put my face in one of my hands while the other held Hermione's hand.

Theo patted my back. "I'm sure they'll be fine, Mate," he said.

"You didn't see him... He was so small. I could hold him in my hand," I replied.

*spongebob narrator* one hour later

I was still sitting by Hermione. Mrs. Nott, Fred, George, and Arthur had left.

Harry was on her other side and Ginny was at the foot of the bed. Hermione groaned and cracked her eyes.

"Draco," she whispered, her voice cracking.

Everyone stared at her.

"Hermione," I replied.

"Where's the baby?" She asked.

"They haven't let me see him yet, we have to wait," I replied.

She started to get up but I pushed her down. "You should rest, Hermione. You lost a lot of blood," I said fearfully.

"I'm going to see my baby," she replied, sitting up again. She moved her leg and cried in pain. "Maybe not," she muttered, laying down.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked.

"Pain, lots and lots of pain," she muttered, squeezing my hand slightly.

"Do you want me to get a healer to give you pain relief?" I asked.

"No, I want to stay awake... DRACO!" She yelled suddenly. "We haven't picked a name!"

"Oh.... how about you pick first name, I pick middle?" I asked.

She nodded. "Uh..." she thought for a moment. "William? No. Jacob? No...." she took another moment. "Scorpius? Scorpius Malfoy? Has a nice ring to it," she said. She sighed. "I need to see the baby before I pick a bloody name."

I nodded, "we can wait."

The door opened and a healer walked in, pushing an empty wheelchair. "You can see him now."

I jumped up and carefully helped Hermione to the chair. She hissed in pain for a moment.

"Perhaps you should stay and rest?" The healer suggested.

"No bloody way, I'm seeing my son," she stated.

Just before we walked out Theo handed me a camera. "Get a couple pictures."

I nodded and followed the healer out. I insisted on pushing Hermione's chair while the healer led us. We finally made it and we were led to the smallest baby in the room.

He had very little blond whisps of hair on his head and his eyes were closed. He looked peaceful in the incubator.

Hermione put her face to the glass. "I'm sorry," she started crying.