Chapter 6

Hermione

I woke with my arm around Draco. He was softly rubbing my back. I rolled over some and smiled at Draco. He returned it and helped me sit up. I rubbed my eyes and rested my back on the headboard.

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly.

"It hurts, a lot, but I'm ok," I replied in a raspy voice. "Can I have a glass of water?"

He nodded and left the room. I heard the lock click when he locked it. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. I heard the lock click and Draco walked in with a glass of water.

He handed the glass to me and sat on the bed. The weight from the glass caused my hands to shake. Draco put his hands on mine and helped me drink the water.

"Thank you," I said after I finished. I ran my hands through my hair again. "I need a bath," I thought out loud. I stood up and fell. Just before I hit the ground Draco caught me.

I gazed up into his eyes and realized how close our faces where. His eyes flickered to my lips for a split second before he closed the space between us. I was shocked for a moment before I kissed back. He had one hand tangled in my hair and the other on the small of my back. I had one arm around his neck and a hand tangled in his hair.

He pulled back for air and was breathing heavily. I was trying to catch my breath when Draco rested his forehead on mine. We jumped away from each other when we heard a small pop. There stood a shocked elf.

"Earnie, you must not tell anyone what you've seen," Draco said sternly.

The elf nodded his head quickly. "Mistress Malfoy said she's leaving for a few hours. She said be safe," the elf said then with a small pop, he was gone.

Draco helped me stand but when he let go I nearly fell over. Draco held me around the waist and helped me to the bed. "Oh yeah, I need a bath," I said attempting to stand. Draco helped me to the bathroom and set me on the edge of the tub.

"Do you need help?" He asked nervously.

I felt my cheeks heat up. "N..no I got it," I replied. He nodded and walked out, closing the door behind him. I turned on the faucet and started to undress. I cried in pain when I slid into the water, the water stinging my cuts.

"Hermione?" Draco knocked. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine!" I squeaked.

I quickly washed causing some blood to seep into the water. I drained the tub and reached for a towel. I wrapped it around myself and tried to get out of the tub. I slipped and hit my elbow on the side. I hissed in pain. "Hey Draco!" I called.

"Yes?" He asked through the door.

"I need help," I replied. He walked in and relaxed when he saw I had a towel. He walked over and lifted me out of the tub. He led me to a chair.

"I'm going to get you some clothes," Draco said. I nodded as he walked out the door. This time I didn't hear the click of the lock. Probably because he knows I won't run in my condition or without clothing.

He quickly returned with some undergarments, a tank top, and shorts. He left the room to give me some privacy, which I was extremely grateful. I quickly got dressed and called him back in.

We sat in silence for a moment before I realized my shirt had blood from my stomach. "Oh," was all I could say. Draco looked over and his eyes widened at the sight of my blood. He started to stand but I held out my hand to stop him. "I'm fine Draco, just a little blood."

"Hermione-" Draco started.

"I'm fine really, it will heal better when it scabs," I cut him off.

"Ok... I'm going to take a shower..." Draco said standing up. He locked the door and walked into the bathroom.

I stood up and leaned on the wall for support. Now for the escape, I thought. I stumbled to the window and opened it. I tied a sheet to the foot of the bed and let it hang out the window. I smirked at my perfect plan and accidentally got some blood from my stomach on the window, just makes it more believable. I carefully got to the ground and slid under the bed.

I heard the shower head turn off and the bathroom door opened. Out came a shirtless Draco. I could hear him cursing when he looked around. He ran out the door, leaving it wide open. I took my chance and l slid out from under the bed. I stumbled down the hall and practically fell down the stairs. I bolted out the door and ran the opposite way as Draco.

I heard him yell something in the distance. I turned around and kept running. I made it to the top of a hill and stopped to catch my breath. I looked behind me. In the distance I could see Bellatrix run from the house and spot me. I ran for my life and screamed when she apparated in front of me.

"Crucio!" She screamed. I was in pure agony until Draco apparated beside her.

"Aunt Bella, stop," He said in a low voice.

"Why are you helping her?!" Bellatrix snarled. "You don't have feelings for the Mudblood, do you?"

"No, of course not. I just want her well enough to work!" Draco said defensively.

"Prove it," Bellatrix crackled. "Torture her."

Draco closed his eyes and he said it. "Crucio!" I screamed more. The curse was weak because he didn't mean it but it was still enough to make my weak body go unconscious.