Chapter 41

Hermione (next day)

I woke to crying. I slowly sat up and looked at the baby.

I gently lifted him from Draco's arms and summoned a nappie from the bag I had Draco pick up yesterday. I changed his nappie and fed him.

He continued to cry so I cuddled him with the blanket. He quickly fell back asleep. I sighed and cuddled next to Draco.

I glanced at the clock to see it was noon. A daily prophet was sitting on the side table. I picked it up and started to read.

New Malfoy Heir

A new Malfoy was welcomed to the world at three twenty one, Monday morning after an almost miscarriage. Hermione Granger, the mother wasn't due for another two months, but little baby Scorpius lives on and is currently with his family at St. Mungos.

~Rita Skeeter

Shocked, I shook Draco awake. "Draco! WAKE up!" I whisper yelled.

His eyes opened and he sat up. "Hermione?" He asked in a tired voice. "What's wrong?"

I shoved the parchment in his face. He quickly read it and stood up.

"We have to go, now," he said, packing up our stuff.

I set the baby in the middle of the bed, away from the edges and pillows when he helped me up.

"Can you walk?" He asked.

"Probably not," I replied, putting an arm over his shoulders.

I grabbed the diaper bag that had our stuff in it and Draco picked up the baby. He held the baby in one arm and supported me with the other.

"We can apparate with you and the baby so we have to make it to the lobby and floo," Draco said.

I nodded so we set off. Surprisingly, only a small crowd was outside. We hurried to the lobby and stepped into the fireplace. Just before we left, Lucius Malfoy appeared in the doorway.

Draco quickly flooed away. We came to our house and stepped from the ash. I dusted off my clothes as Draco led me to the couch.

I pulled out my wand and thought about Draco and my first kiss. A silver Dragon burst from my wand and left to the Potter's.

It wasn't seconds before Draco's mouth was on mine. I kissed him for a moment before pulling back. "Where's the baby?"

"Relax, he's sound asleep in his crib," he whispered against my lips.

I smiled and pushed my lips back against his. He pulled back far, far too soon and went upstairs. I looked across the room at the crib we had, my baby sleeping soundly inside. I smiled to myself as Draco came back down.

He fumbled with something in his pocket before kneeling in front of me. He had a nervous smile as he pulled a gorgeous diamond ring from his pocket. My hand shot to my mouth.

"Hermione Jean Granger, you have given my the best year of my life, you have given me a child, and a purpose. You are the only light in the darkness of my life. I am selfish, and want to make you only mine forever. Hermione Granger, will you make me the happiest man on earth, and be my wife?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed, smashing my lips to his. "Yes."

He pulled back and slid the ring on my finger. "I love you," he whispered, pulling my face back to his.

"I love you more," I giggled.

"I love you most," he smirked.

And we kissed. We kissed a lot. We didn't go much further from kissing because I was hurt and there was a baby in the room.

~*~*~

Me and Draco lay together on the couch. His finger tracing the scars on my arm. I sighed softly and nuzzled my face in his shoulder.

Suddenly, the baby started crying again. Draco slowly moved away from me and got the baby from the crib. I watched as he rocked the baby lightly in his arms. Instantly, the baby quieted down and snuggled into Draco's chest.

I smiled lovingly at my boys. Draco sang softly as he rocked the baby.

"Fair you well my dear I must be gone and leave you for a while. If I roam away I'll come back again, though I roam ten thousand miles, my dear. Though I roam ten thousand miles," he sang.

The baby had a light snore as he slept making me smile. Draco gently laid the baby down and sat next to me.

"You're such a good dad, Draco," I told him. "How do you know these muggle songs?"

"Mum used to sing them to me when I was little, I got a million up my sleeve," he replied.

I smiled and put my head in my lap. "Wanna go take a bath?" I asked.

"Definitely," he replied, picking me up.

He carried me to the bathroom.

~*~*~

Draco helped me get dressed in a lose nightgown and undergarments. He pulled on pj shorts and carried me back downstairs.

A roar at the fireplace scared both of us. Harry and Ginny walked in, covering their eyes. "Are you decent?" Ginny asked.

"Yes, Gin, we're 'decent'," I replied.

They both uncovered their eyes and sat by us on the couch.

Ginny handed Draco a large box. "Baby stuff," she explained. "We realized you didn't have much at his unexpected timing so we went out and got some stuff."

"Thank you guys so much!" I said, pulling each golf them into a hug.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked.

"Honestly, now I'm fine... but the pain before I had him, wore than the cruciatus," I replied.

Ginny gave me a worried look then held her own baby bump.

I pulled a fake laugh, "I'm just kidding Gin," I lied smoothly.

She visibly relaxed.

"So... I took some Aruors to St. Mungos after Hermione told me about Lucius. We spotted him but he apparated away far to quickly."

"Excuse me for a moment," Draco said before walking into the kitchen.

I knew he cast a silencing charm on the room because he threw a glass cup but it didn't make a noise. After about ten minutes, he repaired the cups and came back in.

"Where's Scorp?" Ginny asked.

"The crib right next to you," I replied, sliding into Draco's lap.

She looked at me for a moment before noticing a ring on my left hand. "Hermione?! When we're you going to tell us you were engaged?!"

"Gin, it happened an hour ago... I kinda wanted to wait before telling people."

"Oh... sorry... congrats!" She replied.

I smiled and leaned on Draco.

The song is an old folk song called "The Turtle Dove."