Chapter 20

Hermione (next evening)

It was dark and I was running.

I could tell he's right behind me.

Next thing I know a pair of strong arms are around my waist. I yelped when Draco picked me up. He was out of breath when he plastered his lips to mine.

"Nice try," he whispered against my lips, "you really thought I would let you get away with that."

"I didn't do anything wrong," I giggled.

"You ate all the green apples," he whispered. "I can still taste them."

He kissed me again but harder. Within seconds his tongue swept into my mouth. I moaned and held his shoulders. He moved his face from mine.

"You should eat them more often, but next time, leave some for me," he muttered.

I felt a drop of water on my face so I looked up. It started sprinkling. Drops of water fell on mine and Draco's faces. He started walking back to the manor so I wrapped my arms around him.

Draco

I felt water on my face and realized it was sprinkling. I began to walk back to the manor when Hermione wrapped her arms around me.

I smiled as she rested her head on my shoulder. When I made it to the house it was pouring. Me and Hermione were drenched.

"Love, as much as I hate to say it, I can't carry you through the house. We might be seen," I said as I stepped on the porch.

She nodded so I set her down. She followed me inside and tried not to make any noise. All the lights in the house were off so I assumed everyone was asleep.

I could feel how close Hermione was. Seconds later I heard a soft thud and quiet cursing. I turned around searching for Hermione in the dark.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine!" She squeaked. "Stubbed my toe."

I chuckled and led her upstairs. After I locked the door to our room, I turned on the light.

"I call shower!" I said rushing in the bathroom just before she did.

"At least leave me your wand so I can dry off!" She yelled through the door.

"You know where the towels are!" I yelled back.

I heard her groan before I turned on the shower.

Hermione

"You know where the towels are!" He yelled back.

I groaned and went to the cupboard. I pulled out a pair of sleep shorts and a towel. I looked in the cupboard for a moment before the power went out.

I sighed and grabbed a random shirt. I stripped down and dried off. I put on the new clothes and towel dried my hair.

I crawled into the warm bed and felt darkness consume me.

Draco

The power suddenly went out and the water ran cold. I quickly got out and got dressed.

I walked into the bedroom and ran my hand along the wall to find the cupboard. I pulled out a candle and lit it with my wand. I set it on the side table and saw Hermione asleep.

A sudden banging on the door made me jump. I opened the door to see mum. "Draco! Get shoes on and bring Hermione to the dungeons! Your father went to warn your aunt!"

"Mum, what's wrong?" I asked slipping shoes on my feet.

"Tornado is coming!" She said running downstairs.

I quickly put shoes on Hermione's feet and wrapped her in a blanket. I carried her out the door and downstairs. I rushed down to the dungeons and found mum.

"Your father's going to stay at your aunt's house until this is over," she said. "I put a spell on the house so it might hold, but I want you to stay down here just in case."

I nodded and took Hermione in the smallest cell. Mum followed and conjured a couch. I sat down with Hermione in my lap.

Mum sat by us and smirked when Hermione snuggled into me. Thunder shook the house above us making Hermione wake up. Mum cast protective spells around the cell.

I looked at the wide eyed Hermione. She was frozen, sitting up. She was barely breathing, staring at the ground in front of her. Mum noticed something was wrong but just looked at me. I looked around and recognized this was the cell she saw her dead parents in.

I gently turned her and held her face to my chest. She didn't react much other than gripping my shirt. I rubbed her back as the house shook again.

Mum looked scared. I held Hermione tighter as I scooted closer to mum. I wrapped an arm around her while keeping one around Hermione.

Here I am, comforting the only two people I care about. Hermione was lightly shaking and Mum was holding my arm. I rubbed Hermione's back and played with mum's hair.

Narcissa

My son held me and his girl in his arms. I was still confused as to why Hermione looked shocked. I relaxed when I felt Draco play with my hair.

Another burst of thunder was followed by a crumbling sound. I jumped up from the couch and shut the door. Dust clouded the window on the door.

"The charm didn't hold," I whimpered.

Draco drew his wand and muttered more protective spells. I sat down next to him once more as he tried to cover Hermione with the blanket. He scooted closer and covered us all with the large blanket.

"Get some sleep," he whispered to me.

"I'm not going to sleep," I replied quietly.

"Ok," he said, kissing my head.

Draco

For the first time sense she woke up, Hermione moved. She looked up at me with her beautiful brown eyes.

She had no emotion in her eyes except fear. I gently stroked her cheek and was surprised when she leaned into my touch.

"It's okay, Hermione. It will all be okay," I whispered.

She laid her head back down on my chest and relaxed. Mum saw this and quickly followed. I smiled as the only two people I care about fell asleep in my arms.