I Promise

I walk down the stairs and head into the kitchen. My mom gives me a small smile and sits down my plate. I hop on the barstool and start eating. My parents and Luke both look at me with shocking faces.

"What?" I ask, with a lifted eyebrow.

"You're eating."

"You just talked."

"What happened yesterday that made you, yourself again?"

I smile. "Sean."

"Sean?" Luke asks, curiously. "He's not your new boyfriend, is he?"

I shake my head. "No. he's just a really good friend that was there for me when Carson showed up."

"Well, I need to thank Sean because he brought our daughter back," my dad says, taking his plate to the dishwasher.

I playfully roll my eyes. "Shush."

"So me and a few friends are going out," Luke informs, getting off the barstool. He turns to me. "You're welcome to come."

I shrug. "No thanks. I'm going to have a 'me' day. Relax by the pool, listen to music, read some magazines, and stay away from getting on my phone."

He smiles. "Good. You need it after staying up in your room all the time."

I roll my eyes. "Well sorry."

He laughs and gives me a side hug. "See you later sis."

"Bye."

****

I turn on Alexis and select a playlist. I sit back and reach for a magazine. "I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you," I started singing. "Don't need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo. By the way, by the way, you do things to my body."

I hear clapping. I whip my head to the side and spot Jaden standing there with a smile on his face. "Hey Jaden."

"Hey," he walks over to me and sits down at the end of the pool chair. "A couple of friends and I are heading out. Would you like to come?"

"No thanks. I'm having a 'me' day."

He pouts. "Please?"

I close my eyes. "Don't you dare do the puppy dog face," I warn.

"Now why would I do that?" He questions.

I give him a blank look. "Don't play dumb."

He laughs. "Alright, alright." He pauses. "Rachell, won't you please come with me?" He sings.

I roll my eyes playfully. "If I say yes, will you stop?"

He nods, grinning, knowing he has won.

"Fineeee."

He jumps up and grabs my hand. "Let's go!"

****

"I'll race ya!" Julian says over his shoulder, as he skates into the main area.

I finish tying the roller skates on my feet before following him. "You're going down, my friend."

He chuckles. "We'll see about that." He starts skating off, but I catch up to him.

He looks back at me, before going faster. I zoom past him, but I felt his hand grab ahold of my arm. I look back at him, seeing he's smiling evilly.

He pushes me off to the right. "Mhahaha!"

"Julian!" I scream, as I crash into someone. Their arms snake around my waist, as they twist us to where I land on them and not the hard ground. I lay on their hard chest, realizing the person I crashed into is a guy.