I Don't Trust Him

"I guess this is a 'see you later'," I say, hugging Carson tightly.

"Amore, please don't look at me like that. I can't take it," he says into my neck. "It'll only be a few weeks. Until then, it's going to be FaceTime for us."

"I'll miss you," I say pulling away.

"I'll miss you too, Amore. Which show are you coming to?" He asks.

"Probably the Columbus one," I answer. "Or the New York one."

"Maybe you can come to both?" He suggests, with pleading eyes.

I lean in and kiss his cheek. "Maybe, but you got to get on the bus or they'll leave you."

He chuckles. "If they leave me, it's still a win for me."

I look at him confused. "How?"

"Because I'll still be with you."

I smile and nudge him forward. "Go on the bus, before you have my face so red from blushing too much."

He laughs and turns around. "Goodbye kiss first," he says leaning in and placing his soft lips on mine. We move in sync and pull away.

"Carson, come on!" I hear Johnny yell.

Carson sighs. "See you later, Amore Mio." He grabs his bag and walks onto the bus. I wave goodbye and hop into my car, watching the bus drive away.

*****

*Two weeks later*

"So, Carson's on tour?" Karls asks, shoving a strawberry in her mouth.

I nod. "He left two weeks ago. He's in Pittsburgh right now."

"Are you going to a show?"

"Of course. I'm going to the Columbus one," I answer.

"What if it happens again?"

"What if what happens?" I ask confused.

"Don't you remember what happened last tour? Madison freakin' stabbed you in the back," Karls states. "You know, I always hated her. I knew from the very start of seventh grade, she was messed up in the head."

I choke on my strawberry. "Jeez, Karls. She wasn't that messed up."

She scoffs. "Please, I know you know that we both know that she was. Like who the actual heck just squeezes their way into someone else's love life and ruin their relationship? A psychopath."

I laugh. "You are something else."

She laughs. "Anyways, what if it happens again? Will you give him another chance?"

"Karls, first off, it actually needs to happen. Second, it hasn't. Third, it won't," I state.

"I don't know, Madison could be in Pittsburgh right now trying to get you two to break up again. Or wasn't that Nathaniel guy who was trying to do that?"

"It was Nathan," I answer. "And why bring this topic back up? It hasn't happened in over a year."

She stays silent, moving her eyes away from mine.

I narrow my eyes at her. "What do you know that I don't know?"

She swallows. "All I'm going to say is, I don't trust Carson."