t h i r t y t w o

CHERI
It's been about three whole hours since Bruce left the house and LJ hasn't even opened his mouth to say two words to me. It had me worried, honestly. And I knew that he was only silent due to what happened earlier. I should've just kept my mouth shut. Then I wouldn't be paying for it now.

    I went so far as to fixing LJ's favorite meal for dinner. Steak and fries, but he still didn't say shit. He just ate his dinner, drank a soda, then went outside to smoke a bit. And I cleaned up the kitchen, waiting for him, but it didn't mean nothing because once he came back in, he hopped straight in the shower.

    This was gonna be a long night.

    After putting the freshly rinsed dishes up to dry and after putting the food away, I cut off all the lights and sent the kids off to bed. Of course, I had to read Jeremih a bedtime story to get him to fold, but by the time I was done, LJ had been out of the shower and had made himself comfortable on his side of the bed with his phone in his hand.

    I walked into the room and closed the door shut behind me. LJ looked over at me, quickly looking away. I could tell he had an attitude, but I wanted him to get rid of it. I didn't want him to be mad at me anymore. I just wanted to end the night having real great sex. And how could I do that when he got an attitude?

    I didn't bother turning the lights off. Instead, I just removed my robe, revealing a fresh new set of bra and panties. He loved me in black and I made sure that's what I had on. I wanted him to drool. But how could I actually get him to when it's me he's mad at?

    He stayed focused in on his phone. From what I could see, he was on Facebook, just liking random shit and sharing shit. Things I usually did when I had an attitude with him.

    "You know you ain't reading none of them posts you liking and sharing." I say, trying to make conversation. He didn't bother to look at me. Instead, he straight out ignored my ass. "Baby, you still mad about what happened earlier?"

    No response.

    "LJ." I call his name with an attitude of my own. I hated being ignored. That's one thing about me. It drove my ass crazy. And he knew it, which is why he was doing it.

    "LJ!" I call his name, this time a little louder.

    No response.

    "Goddamn it!" I snatched his phone from his hand. "LJ!" I tossed his phone across the room and sat up in my spot.

    "You don lost yo fucking mind, girl?" He asked as he stood up from out of the bed. "The fuck yo problem?"

    "It got you to talk to me though." I say, folding my arms. I wanted him to say something slick.

    "Don't start with me, Cheri." He picked his phone up to make sure it was still in tact. In which it was. I didn't even throw it that hard. It was more like a toss. "I got work in the morning."

    "Wow! And so do I." I say, nonchalantly. "But before you even think of going to sleep, you're gonna talk to me!" I whine just a little.

    LJ sucked his teeth and let out a sigh as he got back in the bed with his phone. Instead of getting back on Facebook, he cleared his history and set the phone on his nightstand. I sucked my teeth and roll my eyes.

    "What you want me to say? That I'm sorry?" I ask him. He didn't open up his mouth to say anything. I swear, I could just slap him. "I'm sorry, LJ!"

    "Man, shut the fuck up." He said as he slouched down in the bed, grabbing the remote and changing the channels from BET to ESPN.

    "You got one more time to talk to me like you don lost yo mind up in here." I snap.