f o r t y n i n e

CHERI
Now, I told Bruce that I was going to be calling him and he wasn't even answering his damn phone. He was slowly, but surely, getting on my nerves day by day.

    I'd been blowing his phone up all day and after eight hours of failure, I just decided to jump up and throw on some clothes. After LJ left the house with one of his homeboys, I got Cashmere and Jeremih dressed and we headed right on over to Bruce's house.

    As soon as I pulled up, my eyes laid directly on the Benz in the driveway. I've never seen it before. And what made me mad was the fact that this fool had company and I knew that he had to be awake in order to entertain the company. He was just ignoring my calls. I wasn't too happy about that.

    I grabbed Jeremih out of the car, Cashmere following behind as we walked to the front door. I wasted no time knocking just as soon as my shoes touched the WELCOME matt.

    "Mommy, can we get ice cream when we leave?" Cashmere asked.

    "Of course." I answered her, watching a Kool-Aid smile come across her face just as she closed her arms, happy about the fact that she was getting her way.

    As soon as I looked back towards the door, it opened and what stood before me had instantly pissed me off. Without a word, I walked past her, nearly pushing her over as I looked around the front room. I didn't see Bruce anywhere in sight.

    Damn near about to start shouting his name, I walked into the kitchen, not finding him. I shake my head, hearing Cashmere's feet behind me, following my every move.

    I walked up the stairs, making sure to stomp with every step that I took, holding onto Jeremih tighter. As soon as I made it up the stairs, I walked directly to Bruce's bedroom, pushing the door open to see him fixing up his bed...shirtless.

     He looked at the door and looked at me as if he was caught doing something he had no business.

    "Um, why in the hell haven't you been answering your phone?" Was the first thing that came from my mouth. I meant business and I wanted him to know that. And having that Little Miss Shakil here, ain't really solving the issue for him. It's making it worse!

    "Well, hello to you, too." Bruce said to me just as he walked over to me with a smile on his face, holding his hand out to take Jeremih, but I refused to let him go.

    "Hey, Uncle B!" Cashmere said as she wrapped her arms around him. I sighed.

    "Hey, Princess!" Bruce said, picking her big behind up. "How's my favorite niece?"

    "Good!" Cashmere said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

    "Cashmere, go have a seat in the living room with Uncle B's lady friend for a minute, okay? I'll be right down and we can go to Dairy Queen as soon as we leave here." I sweet talk her.

    "YAY!" Cashmere shouted, Bruce letting her down. She wasted no time running out of the room and down the stairs.

    "What I'm in trouble bout now?" Bruce asked me, sarcastically.

    I roll my eyes, wanting to lay a hand on him.

    "Why you ain't answering your phone?"

    "Because I have company and my phone is downstairs on the charger." He answered me.

    He turned around and walked over to his dresser, opening one of the drawers and grabbed a shirt. I sighed and shook my head.

    What was really on my mind was why Shakil was here and answering his front door like she lived here. Another one of my questions were also why he was upstairs making up his bed without a shirt on. I just know she didn't spend the night here and I know damn well he wasn't making up his bed due to some adultery activity. He can't be that damn stupid.