Chapter Twenty One <3 The Tribute Parade

You'd think having been waxed, plucked and prepared by Octavia, Venia and Flavius so many times I'd be used to it by now.

Not at all.

I find myself, the one who's about to be slaughtered, having to comfort them. It's rather annoying.

I'm so exhausted from comforting my prep team, that the second Cinna walks through the door, I snap, " I swear if you cry I'll kill you here and now."

He laughs. " Don't worry about that."

We walk to two chairs and sit down, where our dinner is served. We eat our food slowly, and then Cinna helps me up. He takes me to a mirror.

When my prep team comes in, he waves them away, telling them that they did such a good job earlier, that there was nothing left to do.

He attempts to take my t shirt off me, but I stop him. I have to ask him. " Cinna,"

" Yes, Katniss," he looks concerned.

" I'm several months on, will the dress cover me up?"

" Oh, yes, I took that into consideration," he answers, smiling brightly. " And it's not a dress. I had something else in mind."

He takes my t shirt off, and puts a warm, fluffy robe on me. Then he begins to do my makeup.

When he's done, I'm not me.

Dark eyes and lips. Highly arched brows. I am not the girl on fire any more. I am fire. I am as evil as the glowing embers in a fire place.

As he dresses me, he says, " I don't want you two to hold hands or smile. Just look ahead. I do however want you to put your hand on your stomach, a hint of sorts." I agree.

He dresses me in a black jumpsuit, that covers me from neck to ankle. It's quite beautiful really, especially when he presses a button, and it glows like dying embers.

" I love it," I say quietly.

I head towards the lobby, hoping to find Peeta, or even Haymitch, but instead find crowds of older victors having conversations. I end up alone with my chariot horses, stroking there necks.

" Katniss!" I suddenly hear.

Finnick Odair.

He is just as stunning as they say, with absolutely striking sea green eyes, and smooth, light brown hair, paired with tanned skin. Even though I can't disagree that he is one of the most stunning creatures on the entirety of earth, I can honestly say that I've never been attracted to him in the least.

He is face to face with me now, and tosses a sugar cube in his mouth.

" Hello, Finnick," I say, attempting to seem casual.

" Want a sugar cube?" He asks, holding one out to my mouth. " They're meant for the horses, but they have years left to ear sugar. Where as, you and me, if we see something sweet, we better grab it."

" No thanks," I say. " But I would love to borrow that outfit sometime."

He's not naked, but with a piece of netting tied around his pelvis, he's as close to it as is possible.

" You're positively horrifying in that get up," he says, smiling. " What happened to the pretty little girl dresses?"

" I outgrew them." I state.

" Sure did," he says. It's disgusting, not to mention it's illegal. " Shame about this Quell, you could have gone big in the Capitol. Money, jewels, whatever you want."

" Well, I don't like jewels and I have more money than I need, so," I say. " I'm sure you do just fine though."

" Oh, I haven't dealt with anything as common as money in years," he whispers into my ear.

" Then how do people pay for the pleasure of your company?"

" With secrets. . ." He says. " Have you got any secrets worth my time, girl on fire?"

Just then Peeta and Haymitch walk in. Finnick heads away, nodding his head at Peeta as he goes. Haymitch seems to be talking to someone else.

" What did he want?" Peeta asks.

" ' Have you got any secrets worth my time, girl on fire?'" I say, doing an impression of Finnick. Peeta laughs.

" Oh, god, no."

" Yes," I say. " I'll tell you more when my skin stops crawling."

Haymitch comes over just as the music begins. He hugs me, then backs away, just as the huge doors swing open.

" Shall we?" Peeta says, holding his hand out to help me up. He gets up then pulls me up after him.

" Where are they?" I ask Haymitch.

" I don't know," he says. " Just go ahead and do your stuff."

We're almost out the door now, and so we switch our selves on, beginning to glow. I wobble and almost fall. Peeta grabs my hand tightly. I rest my hand on my belly, even though there's just a slight bump.

The crowd screams as one as we roll our, staring off, ignoring them. We will not honer them with our grace. We are unforgiving.

As we roll into the square, I see the other horrible attempts at illuminating tributes.

" Why do the district 3's have flaming belts?" I whisper.

" I think they're cooking themselves," chuckles Peeta.

I laugh quietly. " Pathetic," I say, before leaning up and pecking his lips lightly.

We make our last circle, then head back to the doors. We wait till we're inside, then I kiss him, slamming him against the wall.

Someone suddenly clears there throat from behind us, and we hear Haymitch say, " For fucks sake."

We pull away like a flash, looking at Portia, Haymitch, and a laughing Cinna.

" Shut up, you dirt bag," I say to Haymitch. He rolls his eyes, and walks over to the district 11 chariot.

After a while, he points in our direction, and walks over, the district 11's following.

" Katniss, Peeta," he says. " I'd like you to meet Chaff, and Seeder."

" Hello," Seeder says politely.

" Hey, sweetheart," Chaff says, before putting his mouth to his. I don't realise what's happening, until he pulls away, and I make a disgusted face.

" Oh, he's very friendly," laughs Haymitch. " Don't invite him over, he'll drink up your liquor."

" These tributes are crazy!" I hiss to Haymitch, as we walk towards the lift.

" Oh, not all of them," he answers, and we walk into the lift. " He's a good guy."

The three of us stand in the lift, and just as it's about to close, a girl walks in.

She has a long, smooth, black ponytail. She's wearing a tight, gold on piece. " You two look amazing. I wish I'd got Cinna. My stylist is a total idiot." She throws her bracelets off. " So, how does it feel to know the whole country wants to sleep with you?"

" I don't thin-" I say.

" I wasn't talking to you,"

" Oh." I say.

" Zip?" She addresses Peeta.

" Sure," he says, unzipping her. I glare at him. He goes beat root read and shrugs.

She strips off completely. I glare at the sky, and Peeta and Haymitch wear matching smirks.

The elevator pings and the girl says, whilst walking out, " That was fun, we should do it again sometime."

" No, thank you," Haymitch says. " Johanna Mason, district 7."

" What the hell was that!?" I scream at Peeta. He just looked a her fucking tits! He's such an asshole.

I stomp out, slamming my room door behind me. Fucking, big boobed bitch!

I got it.

I strip my clothes off, and pull a terribly short dress on. I walk out, and towards Peeta's room, then walk in. I walk up to him, swaying my hips.

I don't even know if this'll work. He probably won't think I look remotely sexy, considering my baby bump is huge now.

" Zip?" I husk. He looks startled, but never the less, unzips the dress. It falls to the floor. I'm completely naked underneath.

He stares at me, his mouth hanging over. I grab his shirt which is on his bed, and throw it on. It covers my entire naked body.

I walk out, swaying my hips.

That'll teach that fucking bastard.

- - - * * * - - -

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in weeks! It's because I've been super busy! But there'll be tons of updates in the next two weeks, since it's my holidays now!

I also wanted to say thank you to my friend onemixx_ who let me use the idea for Katniss stripping! Thank chuuu!!!

Love you guys!

- J x 💋