Chapter Nineteen <3 The Reaping

I'm 6 and a half months pregnant when we finish training. For the last few months we've been training brutally, working out twenty four seven. Sometimes, my vision would go black and I'd drop to the floor, passed out.

There was one day that we thought history would repeat it's self, that I'd lose the baby.

I dropped to the ground, and, of course, woke up. But that time, it had been different. I'd felt pain, and Peeta carried me to the doctors. We'd almost lost it, but she got there in time. I had to have painful surgery, and twelve stitches, but the baby was alive, and that's all that mattered.

And the Reaping is today.

I cannot pray for my safety, I'm already going in. But I can pray for Peeta's. He can survive, then I'll die for Haymitch. I love Haymitch too, ever since the Games, he's been like a father too me, and I'm not going to just let him die.

The day of the reaping is extremely hot, and the citizens stand, squished together, sharing each other's sweat. We, the previous victors, are held in individual pens, guarded by Peacekeepers. We're marched to the stage, and separated into males and females. Effie says, " Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favour. Ladies first." and walks to the glass ball.

She plucks the one white and sheet of paper and heads to the podium, unfolding it. " Katniss Everdeen," she sighs and glances at me. A silvery tear runs down her face, and I feel myself let one of my own out.

" Now, for the boys," she says.

Please don't be Haymitch. Please, please, please.

" Peeta Mellark," she says, and I breath a sigh of relief. But what's he doing?

Peeta's already fast walking towards the stage when Haymitch says, " I volunteer as tribute," pushing Peeta out of the way.

" I can't let you do that," he says, and takes off, running towards the stage. Haymitch is only just beginning to run when Peeta mounts the stage and takes my hand.

I don't believe it.

Peeta and I are tributes of the 75th annual Hunger Games.

We're immediately marched into the Justice Building. " New procedure," Thread says, smiling slyly. We're marched into the back, and into the car.

And district 12 disappears before my eyes, as I mutter my goodbyes under my breath.

- - - * * * - - -

Hey guys.

I fucking hate writers block :/

I'm so sorry about how short this is. I'm sorry for being such a pill.

Don't eat me.

Please?

I'll update again soon to make it up to you!!

Love, Jamie :) <3