Chapter Thirteen <3 Bonnie and Twill

We walk towards the general direction of our houses in the Victors Village. I squint at Peeta. How come he's so sure that the baby's a girl, that he made the cake with pink? I'm sure the baby's a boy, I'm sure. I know, I know he'll be exactly like his daddy.

" How come you keep calling him a her?" I ask.

" Because she's a girl," he says.

" No, he's a boy," I say.

" I want her to be a girl, so she can be exactly like her mummy," he says, smiling down at me.

" No," I say, confused. " I want her to be like you. I don't know why you'd ever want your son to be like me."

" Because you're beautiful. You're thoughtful, you're brave. You have everything I'd ever want my daughter to have in herself."

I sigh, stopping our argument. I'm not going to have an argument over her- no, him! I'm confused now, and my thoughts are jumbled. I squeeze his hand, and he chuckles, squeezing mine back. We continue you walk, till we reach my door. I kiss Peeta passionately, wrapping my arms round his neck. He wraps his hands round my waist, and pulls away, smiling.

I walk in the door seeing, my mother and Prim holding back a laugh. I run to Prim, and hug her tightly. " I missed you so much!" I say, sniffing in her scent.

" I missed you too, Katniss." She smirks. " How's Peeta? Does he still have his face? Or did you suck it all off?"

I glare at them. " You were watching us?" I say. They erupt in a fit of hysterical laughter, Prim holding her sore side, my mother doubling over in hysterics. I stop glaring and start giggling too. I wack Prim across the side of the head jokingly. She just laughs harder.

My family is almost complete.

- - -  * * *  - - -

 As the days pass, things get worse. The mines are shut for weeks, leaving many families starving. Tons of kids sign up for tesserae. Food shortages begin, and the number of people coming home from the stores empty handed is unbelievable. The mines reopen, and the wages are cut, hours extended and miners are sent into dangerous work sites. The new torture equipment in the square, sees plenty of action. People are dragged out and whipped, some even shot.

And the wedding. Is president Snow really going through with this? Well, he must be, since a crate full of wedding dress' arrived yesterday. What will this get him? Will he give the Capitol the wedding, then kill us, since we're no longer of any use to them?

I turn over in bed and see Peeta. I was going to move into his, since the nightmares are ruthless now. But my mother forbade it. So he's been sleeping in my house. I shake him, to wake him up. I need to get out of here. But he'd be so worried if I went on my own.

" Peeta," I say. " Walk with me."

He smiles and gets up. " 'Course." He says, and grabs his clothes, heading into the bathroom. I dig around in the closet, shuddering every time my nails catch on the clothing. My prep team made me grow them out to an inch and a half exactly, and I'm itching to rip them off. I find my wind proof clothing that Cinna made me, and tip toe to the bathroom whilst pulling it on. Peeta grins at me and zips up the back. I load my game bag with food and run out the door with Peeta. We make our way to the weak spot in the fence, which is next to Rooba the butchers. We run through the fence, covering our tracks as we go.

We wade through the knee high snow, collecting my bow and arrows. I am determined to reach the lake, and part of me doesn't really care if I'm caught, as long as I get there. The only reason I'm being careful, is so that Peeta won't get caught.