Homecoming surprise

Enjoy and don't forget to comment :)

"You're leaving??."

Korra sighed. "I have to go, Sami. I need to take care of something in another country before they decide to rage a war against The United Republic."

Sami felt her heart sink. She knew she should be use to it, Korra leaving all the time and traveling to dangerous places. However, Asami wasn't. Every time Korra was gone for a few days or weeks, whatever the case may be, Asami worried about her. Especially when she couldn't accompany the Avatar on her trip.

Asami watched Korra's face. She saw worry and stress etched on her features as she thought about the events that will most likely take place in the near future.

Asami took her hands.

"How long will you be gone??" Asami asked.

Korra shrugged. "I really don't know, Sami. It might be weeks or even months if there's some fighting involved or somsthing. You know how other countries can get with me. They try to kill me or kidnap me or-"

Asami quickly covered her mouth. Korra looked at her, silently coming to a conclusion that something was wrong. Asami's eyes fell to the floor.

"Don't say that, Korra", she said quietly. "Please don't".

Korra removed Asami's hand from her mouth. She looked at her, a concerned look on her face.

"What's wrong??".

Asami looked at her.

"I'm just worried, Korra. I won't be there to keep an eye on you or protect you".

Korra laughed, placing a hand on her hip.

"I'm pretty sure I do the protecting job. Me being the Avatar, it is my duty to protect people such as yourself".

Asami didn't smile.

"Korra. I'm serious. I worry about you when I'm not with you when you leave in your own. Yes, you won't be alone, but it feels like you are to me".

Korra's smile fell.

"Asami. I'll be fine. Don't worry."

Asami sighed. She poked Korra's nose gently.

"It's my job to worry about my girl."

Korra smiled. She wrapped her arms around Asami's waist.

"I'm gonna miss you." she said.

Asami rested her chin on top of Korra's head, pulling her close.

"I'll miss you more".

The two women stayed in that position for a while. Neither said a word. They just stood there in eachother's arms.

Asami planted a small kiss on Korra's head then rested her cheek against her. She wanted to enjoy every mnt she had before Korea left to go spirits knows where for spirits knows how long.

"Asami??. You can let go-"

"No", Asami said simply.

Korra was silent. She relaxed in the hug, knowing Asami wouldn't let go just yet.

"I won't be gone long", she said. "I know it'll feel like months went by or even years. But I'm sure it'll only be a few weeks".

"Doesn't make it any easier to let you go", Asami mumbled.

Korra giggled. "I love you".

Asami pulled away enough so that Korra could look up at her. The engineer smiled sadly.