Don't want to go home.

**Elaynnah**

Tristin and I began to pack up my car for the ride home tomorrow. Luckily he was coming with us but it would only be for a few days. The week had flown by and my heart was starting to sink with every passing second the clock counted down. I glanced over towards the house to where Chloe and Kenzie sitting watching us from the window.

"You know times like these make me not want to go home," I sighed.

"Well you could..."

"Nope don't start that," I breathed turning back to Tristin.

"Okay fine, fine, but the offer is still and will always be on the table," he added as he placed a bag into the trunk of my car.

"I know," I smiled weakly at him leaning against the side of my pink bug.

"Okay I think that was the last of it," Tristin smiled leaning beside me.

"Good," I smiled leaning my head against his shoulder.

"So tomorrow I figure we can leave right after breakfast," Tristin breathed as he kissed my head softly.

"Yeah sounds good," I answered looking around. The snow glistened like glitter in the sunlight as the wind playfully made it dance across the street. Somehow this all just felt like home and I had a gnawing nagging feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. I didn't want to go home, I just wasn't ready to let go of what I had left of my own childhood. I knew it was stupid since that boat had sailed off long ago. I needed to take that step to grow up, but right now it just felt off.

**Tristin**

I pressed my lips to Elaynnah's forehead wrapping my arm around her shoulder as we walked back towards the house. She leaned her head against my shoulder letting out a soft sigh. Deep down I was hoping she would change her mind and take me up on my offer and just move in with me, but pushing her would just make things worse. I knew eventually she would come around to the idea. Maybe not now, maybe not next week or next year but eventually she would be ready to start a life with me. I just needed to be patient.

"Let's go make dinner," I smiled looking down at her. She just nodded in response as we walked through the door together.

"You're really leaving tomorrow?" Chloe's soft voice asked from the living room as soon as we stepped inside.

"Yeah," I smiled kindly at her.

"We'll be back soon," Elaynnah promised. "With Christmas just around the corner and all."

"Okay," Chloe nodded looking down at the ground. Her long hair tumbling around her face making her look like a little doll.

"You think you can watch Kenzie while we make dinner?" Elaynnah asked sweetly making a big smile spread across Chloe's face.

"Yeah," she answered nodding quickly.

"You're such a good Aunt," Elaynnah winked before taking off her coat and boots.

The rest of the day went by in a surreal blur and before I knew it Kenzie was tucked safely in her crib and Elaynnah's head was laying on my shoulder as she silently drifted off into a sweet deep slumber. Her warm steady breath tickled my skin and her rhythmic heartbeat softly kept time. I would give anything to just stay like this forever. Avoiding the tearful goodbyes and the lonely days when we were an hour apart.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys I know it's short but it's something right? I know not much happens in this chapter but I really wanted to get out how they both were feeling about the enevitable trip home. Anyways I should have another update soon.

Thank you all for still reading.

Xo Malliecat