speechless

***Elaynnah***

I opened my mouth to respond to Michael quickly snapping my lips into a thin line. How was I supposed to respond to that? What did he honestly expect me to do? Jump into his arms completely forgetting Tristin. Thoughts and words rolled around in my head as I stared at him like a deer caught in headlights.

"Say something," Michael pleaded. His eyes grew large and hopeful. I looked at him carefully trying to come up with a way to let him down gently.

"Michael," I breathed quietly looking at the ground as I spoke the next few words. "I like you...Just not that way. I mean I love Tristin we have a child together and I just need to put my whole heart into my family."

"I thought you'd say something like that," his voice sighed.

"I'm sorry," I responded lifting my gaze back to his face.

"I should get out of here," He whispered running his hand through his hair. Those six words never sounded better. Relief washed over me as he turned to leave. "Just know that I'm here if you want," he breathed over his shoulder as he walked away. I watched as he walked away closing the door as soon as his car was out of sight. I pressed my forehead against the door as I tried to wrap my mind around what had just happened. I also knew that in less than two hours Tristin was going to be here and I needed to just forget everything Michael had just said. Tristin and Kenzie were my life Michael was just some guy I happened to meet.

**Tristin**

I practically sprinted out of school the second the bell rang. My car was packed and ready to go. I let out a sigh of relief as I turned the key and the engine purred to life. I didn't have long now. In about an hour or so I would have two full weeks of family time. That thought alone made me smile.

I pulled into the Starbucks a few minutes away from Elaynnah's house. I knew how much she enjoyed it now so I figured it would be a nice surprise. The second I stepped through the doors I was hit with an icy glare.

I read the name tag and squared my shoulders when the name finally registered. Michael. The guy Elaynnah knew.

***Michael ***

Two hours ago I put my heart on the line only to have it refused. What did I do wrong? I was a great guy and could treat her well. What did the guy she was seeing have that I didn't?

I was wallowing in my own self pity when the chimes to the door went off and in walked my competition. His hair was messy and tucked under a red knitted hat. His hands were shoved into the pockets of his black leather coat matching the bulky black leather boots that made a thump with each step he took. He looked the bad boy part making me angry. What was it about bad boys that made the girls swoon. Hell he probably will end up in jail in the near future.

"Two grade caramel apple spice drinks," he spoke in a confident tone that made me hate him all that much more.

"Sure," I huffed ringing him in.

***Elaynnah***

My heart jumped when the doorbell went off. A flash of Michaels face slipped into my mind briefly. I smiled as soon as I saw Tristin face wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"Tristin," I whispered softly closing my eyes as his scent filled my nose.

"I missed you," he chuckled softly making me giggle.

"I missed you too," I answered kissing his lips.