Here's to another year

***Elaynnah ***

"Okay all ready," I smiled glancing at myself once more in the mirror.

"You look gorgeous as always," Tristin breathed kissing the place just beneath my ear.

"You are too kind," I giggled softly as I let him pull me up the stairs. We had been back at Tristins grandmother's for a couple of days now. All the Christmas bliss was behind us now we were off to some new years party. It was almost like we were back a year ago. Before everything got so complicated. We had a pass to be teenagers again at least for one night.

"I'm in love," he said before kissing my lips making the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

"Your making me blush," I murmured against his lips.

"Perfect. I love it when you blush," he cooed at the car door.

"If you keep this up we will never make it to the party," I sighed as he kissed me once more.

"I can honestly say I don't mind," he responded softly tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Tristin," I squeaked.

"Okay, okay," he chuckled.

***Tristin***

The box inside my my coat pocket was litterally burning a hypothetical hole in my pocket. I still hadn't given the one gift I truly wanted to give Elaynnah. I guess I was nervous about how she would react. I mean it could go one of two ways. She would either be super excited or completely pissed.

"Tristin," she breathed against my lips as I savored the kiss slightly longer than planned. I pulled away with a sigh opening her door for her.

"Thank you," she smiled up at me as she got into the car gracefully.

I couldn't help myself from stealing glances at her as we drove to the party. They way her lips twitched into a smile made my blood boil. How did I get so lucky? I mean we were in different leagues. She was a sweet good girl. Hell until she met me she was every parents wet dream. Always home before cerfue no issues with school. In all honesty I wasn't quite sure why she chose me.

I let out a breath as I pulled up to the location of the party. Which was some old building a couple of kids from school had rented out for tonight.

"Ready?" I asked as I helped her out of the car.

"For another year with you?" She asked taking my hand. "Always," she added kissing my cheek.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Okay I know I've been bad 😖. I am so sorry for the wait and the fact that this chapter is so short. I just felt like I owed you guys something. So think of this as a little bit of a filler chapter. I promise the next one will be longer and won't take as long.

Thanks again for all of the love and support

Xoxo malliecat 💙💚💛💜