Corey Seager (Los Angeles Dodgers)

"Where've you been?" My best friend, Corey, asked.

"I had lunch with Trayce," I replied.

"Why do you always hangout with him?" He asked rather harshly.

"Because he's my friend."

"Whatever," he said rolling his eyes.

"Why don't you want me hanging out with him?"

He didn't say anything right away, leaving an awkward silence. I knew he never liked when I hung out with Trayce, but I never understood why. They were teammates and friends, so it really made no sense. "Corey?" I asked trying to get him to answer the question.

After contemplating what to do for a moment, he stood up and walked over to me. My heart started racing as he got really close. "You don't like him do you?" He asked.

"Of course not," I replied.

He put his hands on my arm gently. "Good."

Good? What did he mean by that? He started to lean in, and I couldn't help but start to get really nervous. We were friends, that's all we ever were. What was he doing?

His lips connected with mine, and my mind was soon cleared of all thoughts. My lips moved in sync with his soft, warm ones. I loved the way it felt, however, once our kiss heated up, he pulled away. "I like you. I've always liked you," he said.

"What?" I asked practically speechless. "What about your girlfriend?"

"We broke up a long time ago. I've been wanting to tell you how I feel for awhile, but I didn't know how to."

I didn't know what to say, but I noticed him getting more anxious waiting for me to say something. The smile on his face was starting to fade, and I knew I had to act quickly. Without thinking, I leaned in and kiss him again. He reacted instantly, and our kiss soon became heated, but this time he wasn't pulling away. I guess our friendship had now reached the next level.