Buster Posey (San Francisco Giants)

2016. It's an even year. We're going to win. Right?

It was the bottom of the ninth and the Giants were up by won, but the Texas Rangers had the bases loaded with one out. I had never been so anxious in my life. It was game 7 for goodness sake. The count was 2-2 and the pitch came. It was high, but Elvis Andrus swung right through it! He struck out! There was now two outs. The pitch was low and got by Buster Posey. Adrian Beltre ran towards home, he was the tying run, in almost an instant Buster got to the ball and flipped it to Casilla. The anxious crowd stood up, waiting for the call from the ump. Out!

I jumped up and down along side some of the other girlfriends and wives of the players. We were all so excited, and I couldn't wait to get out on the field.

We all ran out, and I jumped in to my boyfriend, Buster Posey's, arms. He swung me around while my legs straddled his hips. I leaned down to kiss him while both of my hands rested on his cheek. The kiss lingered on for a little longer before he broke away and set me down. "That was amazing!" I said trying to catch my breath.

"I still can't believe I got him out," he replied.

He had the biggest smile on his face that I had ever seen. All of a sudden, Joe Panik came out of nowhere and pulled me and Buster in to a tight hug that lasted for awhile. He eventually let go and ran to go hug other's.

We were both out of loss for words, so he just held me in his arms while we let the moment sink it. It felt surreal to say the least, especially knowing that my boyfriend was the one to get the final out in game seven of the World Series.

After a bit, Buster was pulled away to join his teammates in their World Series' picture. Once that was finished, everyone started to walk off the field. Unsure of what to do, I started following everyone else in till I felt a hand wrap around my arm; it was Buster. He pulled me close to him, and I noticed that everyone who was leaving the field had now stopped. I turned around to look at everybody who was now staring at me and Buster.

I turned back around to face him and was greeted by my boyfriend who was down on one knee. My heart started racing instantly. Joe was soon by my side, giving Buster a little black box. "Babe, I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you," he continued as he started to open the box. "Will you marry me?"

I couldn't say anything, so I just nodded; everything was happening so fast, but I didn't care. It was obvious to me that I loved Buster more than anything. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. After I nodded, he stood up and slid the ring on my finger.

Before I even had a chance to look at the ring, I was being picked up by him while he swung me around just like before. The San Fransisco Giants may have just won the World Series, but I was the real winner here.