Bryce Harper (Washington Nationals)

We were tied 3-3 in the top of the ninth against the Nationals. I wanted to win this game more than anything, but with Jayson Werth on second and Bryce Harper up to bat with one out; I was getting kind of nervous.

The 2-1 pitch was hit. Hard and straight to dead center. I ran towards the fence, not taking my eye off the ball. There was no way I was going to let Bryce Harper get a home run. I felt the fence that was now only a foot away. My eyes were still on the ball and I knew I could catch it. I jumped up, felt something hit my glove, and then grabbed it right away to throw it straight to second.

I tried really hard not to smile at the amazing catch I just made, and the amazing throw that doubled off Jayson Werth. I ran towards our dugout excited to hit. Once I reached the infield, I was being mobbed by my teammates who were freaking out about my catch. I looked up towards the Nationals dugout and noticed Bryce Harper staring at me. I couldn't read the look on his face, but it probably wasn't good considering I just robbed him of a home run; I smiled to myself.

I got in the dugout and quick put on my helmet and grabbed my bat. All I wanted to do was just get on base. We were going to need baserunners in order to win this. I walked in to the batters box and with the first pitch. Boom! I swung and made solid contact. As I ran to first I watched the ball. It seemed like everyone already knew it was a home run, but I soon became nervous when I saw Bryce Harper jumped up. Yet, I knew when he came down angry, it was gone.

I jogged around the bases as the Nationals walked off the field. I was greeted by all my teammates at home plate by my walk off home run. It was quite a celebration we had on the field.

After all the interviews and celebrations, I was finally able to get out of the locker room. I walked out of the clubhouse and on to the streets of Washington. Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walk up to me, but I couldn't make out who it was. Then it hit me, it was Bryce Harper. "Hey I was hoping to talk to you," he said walking up next to me.

"Me? How come?" I asked.

"That was an amazing catch you made and home run. I think it's really cool that your the first girl to ever play in the MLB," he replied smiling.

I smiled back. "Thank you."

"So is this your first time ever in Washington?" He asked.

"Yeah actually it is."

"Well can I maybe show you around?"

"Sure," I replied.

I followed him around the streets of Washington while he talked about a bunch of stuff. He seemed really nice, and I couldn't help but start to like him a little. It made robbing him of a home run that much cooler.