Kyle Schwarber (Chicago Cubs) Part 1

My patience for the people on this plane was quickly running out. I decided that I'd let them all get out before I even bothered to try. I was in no hurry, even though I couldn't wait to be in Chicago. It wasn't like I could check in to my hotel right away anyways. I was going to have to wait another two hours, but it was going to take awhile to get out of the airport.

Once I was finally off the plane, I decided to stop and get something to eat in the O'Hare airport.  I got my food and quickly ate. It was weird being on my own especially when eating. Usually I'm always with people, mainly my boyfriend, but I decided that I needed to be on my own for a few days since me and him had recently broken up. It was a pretty bad breakup too, but I guess that's what you get when your with someone for three years.

I had just graduated college and was in between jobs, so I really had no responsibilities; which is why I'm here. I've always wanted to go to Chicago, but never had a chance. I lived in a small town in Tennessee, and I never really traveled. The farthest I would travel was to Tennessee Smokie's games with my dad. He was a big Cubs fan and loved going to minor league games. I, on the other hand, didn't really care. I didn't mind watching baseball and I knew what was going on, but it wasn't my favorite thing.

I couldn't help but smile at the weather that was warm, but not hot, unlike Tennessee. Somehow, I managed to get a taxi for the first time ever. I've never even seen a taxi before. I really wasn't cut out for the city life.

"Where am I going?" The driver asked.

"The trump tower," I replied.

The driver pulled out and headed towards downtown. I couldn't wait to see my hotel room considering I was paying $900 a night. It was a bit much, but I had the money and wanted to have a perfect vacation.

The taxi stopped, I paid, and got out. I took a minute to observe my surrounding, amazed by all the skyscrapers. It was absolutely beautiful, and I couldn't wait to get in to my room to see the view.

I walked in to the building, following all the directions to the front desk of the hotel. The Trump Tower was way more than just a hotel. Once I finally found it, I had to wait in line for what felt like an hour.

I was finally next in line, and I gave the lady behind the desk my name. She stared at her computer for awhile, before speaking up. "I'm sorry I can't find you," she said.

I gave her a look, unaware of what to do. My heart started racing though, and I quickly started second guessing myself regarding making a reservation. There's no way I didn't make it, I even confirmed. "Are you sure you made a reservation?" The lady asked.

"Yeah and I confirmed it three days ago," I replied.

"I'm sorry, but it's not here."

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Well are there any other rooms available?"

"I'm sorry, we're all booked," she answered.

I couldn't believe this. I left the desk and walked in to the elevator. Unaware of the other guy there, I let out another frustrated sight. I had no idea what to do, or where to go.

"Are you okay?" The other guy in the elevator asked.

I looked over at him and stared a little. He looked really familiar, but I couldn't exactly tell. Then it hit me. "Kyle Schwarber?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am. Cubs fan?"

"Yeah kind of. I recognize you from the Tennessee Smokies though. I'm from Tennessee."

"What brings you to Chicago?" He asked.

"Not really sure," I mumbled.

He gave me a weird look. "They lost my reservations and now I have nowhere to go," I added.

"Well shit. I mean if you need somewhere to stay for the night. You're not a serial killer are you?" He joked.

"No," I replied matching his smile.

"Come stay with me," he offered.

I thought about it for a moment. It didn't seem like the safest idea, but I didn't really have much of a choice. "Okay," I replied.

Okay so there wasn't much Schwarbs in this, so if you guys want a part two just let me know.