Fallen Skies - Live Like Legends

Live Like Legends - Ruelle

~

This is our time

No turning back

we could live

like legends

~

Darkness.

People fear it for what it holds, for the horrors it ignites, the cold it expels, but I relish in it.

The darkness was like my calling card, I always craved it, even though I know it's meant to hurt me, that the demons it holds were there to drain me of my life force.

But . . I couldn't deny the pull, it made me feel whole to have the cool nights breeze against my skin, the thrill of being surrounded by the thing feared most.

The feeling of control and power that seemed to consume me anytime i'd dare..

I knew what I wanted, even before Jeoffrey had stalked into my bland hospital room, his grey eyes sharp with everything but sympathy, he'd been firm, blunt and I had appreciated that, he had spoken to the darkest part of my soul, and I said yes. Yes to a life a servitude, Yes to a life of blood and gore, Yes to revenge.

We were trained to be killing machines, trained to turn our hate into a driving force that pushed us further, made us go the extra mile to ensure we'd come up on top during any fight, during any war.

And we were at war, with the demons inside of us and the ones lurking in the depths of the darkness.

Robyn Rihanna Fenty as Skylar Constance Brenan