Chapter Thirty-Seven

[Unedited]

Ghost Hunt...

•Third person•

   It was morning. Caroline was standing before a parking lot, her hair was being drifted by the soft breeze of air. She hated it. But– no, she hated it.

  After a sleepless night, she had decided that she would kidnap Klaus's child, and give her to Finn only if he breaks the curse. Then, she'd happily kill him and go save her skin. She even considered giving Klaus his child back, but she thought better of it. He'd kill her in a blink of an eye if he saw her with his baby.

    She watched as a supermarket opened just across, near the parking lot. A young woman was yawning as she flipped the the closed sign to the word Open. Caroline thought of having some breakfast before setting off.

    Fetching a paper cup from the coffee machine at the Supermarket, Caroline shook her head as she put the cup on the table at the cashier. "You know, I wonder why you open so early. It's seven in the morning! No one's with you, and no one would come to the supermarket at seven AM!" She whined, sarcastically.

    The woman, who's name was Molly from the name tag she's wearing, looked annoyed, "Want coffee? Help yourself." She nodded at the machine behind Caroline.

    "Nah, I was thinking of something warmer, red, metallic, delicious," She winked.

   Molly, the cashier, glared at Caroline with no expression, "Beverages are in the 13th section. You can find red wine there,"

    Caroline's smirk faded, rolling her eyes, she jumped over the table, "You're no fun," She said, looking over the tools that hung on the wall, ignoring Molly as she bickered about Caroline not supposing to get this far.

    The blonde, though, grabbed something sharp from the wall, and compelled Molly not to shout or speak, unless she asks her something. Looking over her shoulder, Caroline spotted a camera aiming at the cashier. Rolling her eyes rather again, she sat on the registry, giving her back to the camera, as she cut Molly's palm.

    She quickly put the cup under Molly's bloody hand, as the blood started to fill it. "Can you help me with this address? I've been baffled just going through all these neighborhoods, I didn't seem to find it," It was sort of a lie. Caroline had just started looking an hour ago, she had stolen a car, and drove all night to this part of town.

   Molly, now, seemed to be dizzy, but she shook her head and answered after Caroline flashed a piece of paper before her eyes, "Yes," Molly said, blinking, "Yes, that's a couple of blocks away–"

   She told her where it was exactly, as a sudden feeling washed over Caroline, it was a dark feeling. She jumped off the registry, compelled Molly to forget what happened, and found her way out not forgetting to grab her breakfast in hand.

She parked just far enough from the said house. Caroline glanced at the seas beside her, she had bought a car seat for the baby, and a brunette wig for her. When she shuffled through the stuffed bag, something fell and she bent to reach it. It was a pair of sunglasses she found already in the car.

Rolling her eyes, she straightens her back only to bend down again, hiding from the sight in front of her. Peeking through the holes in the wheel, she spotted the young blonde man who was unmistakably possessed by no other than Kol Mikealson.

He stood frozen in the middle of the street, staring at the house in front of him. Kol looked like he didn't sleep either, his eyes were puffy and he looked slightly tired. He hesitated before taking a step forward, then he gained the courage to walk to the house without pausing.