Chapter Twenty-Nine

[Unedited]

•Caroline Forbes•

I scoffed, turned around and started walking. I heard someone calling me, and I wished that it was Klaus.

He was giving me the eye since I got to New Orleans, and by eye I mean a suggestive one. But now he's trying not to look at me.

And it sucks.

"I need sometime alone Enzo." I told him, and I didn't feel his presence following me after.

***
I was walking through the streets for two hours, and then a thought came by my mind.

But It was early for it.

Way too early.

But I kind of need a drink.

I went to the bar where I first met that blonde, Camille? Yes, that's her.

But I hope that it wasn't her shift now. Because I don't want to talk to anyone.

I enter silently, the door squeaks a bit. There was only two people there. I sat at the bar, though no one was behind it.

I waited but no one showed up, I looked around for anyone. And I was confidant enough to go past the bar and pour the drink myself. But as soon as I passed it I heard a familiar voice.

It was faint, so I walked near the employee's room, and I listened. In another word, eves dropped.

"-I don't know why am I even telling you this." It was Klaus. "but, everything is...Complicated you know? Everything." He said.

"You're talking to me because I'm your therapist. Of course I'm your friend, but not now. And I'm glad that you don't compel me to forget anymore." Therapist? His therapist? And isn't that Camille?

"Don't let me change my mind." He said. I can picture him glaring at her.

She exhaled, "Still paranoid. You have to trust people Klaus. Not only your siblings. Now tell me more about her." About who?

"There's nothing to say." He growled.

"You said that she's human again. How do you feel about that?" She asked. They're talking about me.

He chuckled. "How do I feel? Oh please Camille." he said, "Okay, fine." She gave him a look I suppose.

He stayed silent for a few seconds. "There'll come a time when she dies. Get sick, get killed, or be in an accident." He began, "I don't know, how was it possible for her to be human or a witch, or if she can be a vampire again. That's if it doesn't kill her. But, it's New Orleans. Everything happens."

"So you're just giving up?"

"I can't." He said. "but, I don't want to get a false hope. And I don't want to watch her die one day."

My eyes widened at what he said, I forgot about the drink and I couldn't continue to listen. So i left.

That's why he was cold to me?

That's why he technically rejected me?

Because I might grow old and he's the same? And I'll die someday while he's still the handsome guy I've known my whole life?

And he was right. I don't even know if I can be a vampire again. I remember Katherine. She tried to be a vampire again, but she puked all the blood she consumed.

When I shook the thoughts out of my mind, I noticed that I was near the cemetery. And I had an idea if was going to stay like this.

Walking around the creepy cemetery is more creepier as a human- well a witch.