Chapter 51 - Just a Kiss

Hyungwon held a staff meeting to know how the kids are doing.

"Hey guys!" He welcomed them, not formally but like how he treats them back in high school.

"What is it now?" Kihyun asked.

"Sit down before complaining." He responded.

Kihyun didn't mind since there's food.

"I want to know if the kids open up to you? If they do, what do they complain about?" He asked.

"That your nose is big." Minhyuk said, digging in on the cheap deokbokki on the table.

Hyungwon unconsciously held his nose protectively. "What?" He asked shyly.

"He's only kidding." Shownu said. "The kids just needs a little break every once in a while. Let's let them dance out if they're stressed. They felt caged here." He suggested.

"You think it won't affect their image when they debut?" He asked but they all just looked down.

"I need suggestions guys, come on. I'm dying here." He begged.

"The dance battle you did was a start. It's an inspired idea." Ten compliments.

"We can do it on different underground clubs to encourage other dancers to join." Taeyong suggested.

It was a good idea but not safe. They might reveal those underground clubs and have inspectors shut them down. The strays and forgotten might don't have another place to go.

"That's a good Idea, we can help Hotshot and Seventeen find trainees. I heard from Sungcheol yesterday. He said the auditions were boring. People think they can show pretty faces and pass." Jooheon reported.

"We really should do a showcase and show then what were looking for. Some kids don't auditon because they think we want clean backgrounds and pretty faces." He added but Hyungwon shook his head.

"That's dangerous." He rejected.

Ten rolled his eyes and stood up. "Dude, you've changed. Are you really Chae Hyungwon? The guy who rejected all his father's wealth just to dance underground and transfer into a performance school?" He asked, trying to wake him up from his nonsense.

"Remember when you're convincing me to join this team? You told me it's going to be a home for rejects like us. Why are you rejecting them? I thought you want to give them hope that they can reach a lot by talent? Stop making me laugh you idiot." He said.

Hyungwon thought about it really hard and it only made him more disappointed of himself. Before, he was rather excited, now he didn't know what to do, how to continue.

He's so used to being told what to do that he couldn't make his own choices. He's so used to pleasing his father that it's what he's been doing this entire time.

"Call Sungcheol and Junhyuk. From now on, we look underground." He declared making the guys go wild.

"Welcome back Chae Hyungwon!" Shownu tapped his chest making the skinny guy look at him.

"How about we show the kids how we do it before they perform?" He asked and he smiled.

"Let's practice then." He said with a smile. "Don't dare think that you're not on the line up NCT." He said pointing at Taeyong.

He then glanced at his members if they can still dance. Jaehyun haven't have much time to condition himself since Yeri's been kinda demanding on spending time with her.

"Yeah, sure." Taeyong agreed.

Before they can adjourn the meeting, Junhyuk came barging in with a bunch of teenagers. Everybody assumed that they're new trainees.