Chapter 48 - Naked Run

"Our story started when she left you." She started, her knees trembling, even her hands are visibly trembling from nervousness.

But this might be her only chance to fight for Ten. Though everyone's eyes are judging, though she can hear their whispers, she stood there, not planning to runaway.

"This isn't her engagement! How dare she speak in front?" Sol-bin muttered, with her fist balled and ready to punch. Win Win held them though and they started to relax.

She gazed at him with a questioning expression. Why? Why would she be doing this now.

"Remain calm." Win Win smiled. How can she not calm down when seeing that smile makes her believe that everything's going to be ok? Her body's still stiff, debating whether to ask Sorn to leave or let her continue this.

"Your contagious smile completely disappeared, replaced a cold, fixed expression. I look at you and I see pain." She continued.

Jin-ye gripped at Ten's wrist, tightly and possessive. Her expression can't be defined whether she's hurt, afraid or angry, but it's definitely between those three.

Sol-bin glanced at her and she can feel how hurtful and threatening this can be.

Ten was shocked though. He didn't know that Sorn would do this.

Even Shownu was surprised. He knew Sorn since he started eating on her fathers resto for so long and never even know that she can be this kind of girl.

"It is why I tried to cheer you up. Little by little, you started to develop feelings again. I was there to make you smile when she's not. She h-h-hurt you." She exhaled with shaky breath, heard by the speakers.

Ten stood up after that.

"Stop this." He said, waking towards Sorn, taking the mic from her. He's not angry or anything, he felt sorry for the poor girl.

"I love you! You guys are done! It's time for us now. You and Jin-ye are way over. Listen to your heart not the memory of what used to me. It's me inside that heart of yours, not her. You only though you still love her because looking back, the memories of the happy days are the same. But no matter how much you try to bring those feeling back, they won't." She finished. Ten only stared at her.

It's the right thing to fight for your loved one like what she did. The sincerity was seen and can't be denied.

"Any guy would be lucky..."

"No!" Before he can even finish the sentence she covered her ears. "No! NO! NOOO! Don't tell me that never loved me all this time."

"Yes, Sorn. I developed feelings for you but only as a friend. It's what friends do, they cheer you up when you're down and the least you can do is to get back up and smile to show them that they made things better." Ten explained but there's no way you can make this painless.

She's already crying, dreading that she came here for him.

"Someday, someone will love you, care for you this much that he would face everything just to fight for you. But I'm not that guy. I'm in love with Jin-ye." They both glanced at Jin-ye, who's also crying.

"Until he comes along, I want you to stay this way. Love without holding back. Love with all your heart. Because someday, you'll meet someone who deserves it. Don't cry now. When you meet that guy, kick me on the ass and say, 'Fuck you Ten. I found the guy for me!' And by then, I can smile. Right now, hit me with your best shot. I'll take it. I'm your friend, if you're hurting, I am too." He closed his eyes, waiting for a huge impact. But it never came.

Sorn wiped her tears and walked away from him. She approached Jin-ye instead.

Sol-bin was there, overprotective of her best friend. "What?" She spat but Win Win pulled her away.