Chapter 9 - Pool Party

The morning was haunted by Sol-bin's ugly frowns and furious glares at anyone who made eye contact with her. Her undying determination to make the whole school shiver in fear was fired up by the phone call she had last night. Why does life have to be this unpleasant? Last night, the idea of calling her parents sounded pretty brilliant, considering an exceptional person suggested it, Hyungwon. She should've known that things like that will never ever occur in her life.

Her life is a tragedy where everything falls apart and her only role is to watch it fall until there's nothing left.

"Come to my pool party!" A extremely high pitched voice interrupted her casting a spell for the thunderstorm to pour and kill everyone. It was Yeri, desperately inviting even Jin-ye.
Looks like there's going to be a war today if she doesn't stop invading Sol-bin's 'properties.'

"Stop right there!" Grumpy old Sol-bin signaled Yeri not to go any closer to their table. "You can't come close to this." She gestured the whole table, only making Yeri want come closer and get in her nerves.

"Oh, and why is that? Is this your property?" She said sarcastically, placing her hand on her hips trying to challenge.

Sol-bin smirked before talking. "It's a place for real people." She smiled moving closer. "Reeeeeaaaal peeeeople! Not dwarfs." She emphasized on the first sentence as if Yeri doesn't understand what those words are. She measured Yeri's height with her hands after.

Ooooohhhhhhh!

The whole student body in the cafeteria's now looking at them.

"You're not invited Sol-bin! I'm trying to be nice here but you left me with no choice." She said going back to her friends.

She didn't mind, it's not like she's wanted to be invited anyway. "I have my own pool, bitch!" She yelled in victory. Jin-ye sworn she has seen her friend grow horns and a tail.

"That's harsh Sol-bin. You can't insult someone's height, it gives them insecurities." Jin-ye tried to make sense but Sol-bin's extra mean today. It's like her glare is made up of the eternal flames of hell. It's a good thing that they're friends or she'll be included to Sol-bin's 'to-murder-list.'

"If I killed her, that would be too harsh but I didn't." She flashed her innocent smile. "No harm done." She said enjoying her meal. Satan needs a lunch break too. She needs energy just in case Hyungwon decided to show up, she'll send him straight to hell.

After all calling her parents was his dumb idea. Still wondering why she she didn't realize last night that 'happy endings' and 'everything's going to be just fine' has no room in her messed up life. That's why she hated everyone.

Specially Yeri.

Why does she have cool parents? Why do they approve of everything she does? They don't mind if she invites every popular person over for some pool party. Why do they buy her latest designer clothes for famous brands overseas? The whole school is friends with her. How's that fair?

Hyungwon too.

He follows his father's orders perfectly precise. The guy's perfect and can't do any mistake. He's not just looks but also smart and talented. How can he not be likable?

Why can't she have their lives instead? Why can't she just have a life similar to other people surrounding her. It's all she ever wanted; it's what she always wish for every birthday before she blow the candles, to have her parents by her side.

Why did she ever listen to Hyungwon anyway? He always gives terrible advise.

She was too preoccupied that she didn't even notice Jin-ye staring at her, trying to figure out what's wrong with her. She's been like this all morning and didn't even listen to the lecture.