CHAPTER 1

(SONG : Champagne & Sunshine by Tarro & PLVTINUM)

"Hey mum, I'm going to the beach today, do you want to come?" I ask my mum as I enter the kitchen.

"No honey, I'll pass, I have to work today. There's some people that don't have vacations right now." She says smiling a little as she comes to me and kisses my forehead and putting both hands on my face and then leaves.

"Bye!" I say loudly and I hear a little reply after that.

Okay... Guess I'm going to have to ask my brother.

I climb up the stairs and I knock on his door.

"Come in!" He says and I enter his room. I see my brother rushing and putting a shirt on while putting a sock.

"Hey, do you want to go to the beach with me today?" I ask hopefully.

"Sorry Soph, I gotta run, I'm late for work. Did mum leave already?"

"Yeah she left like 5 minutes ago why?"

"Damn, she was my ride." He then fully dressed approaches me and kisses my forehead like my mum did. "Bye Soph." He says and gets out running so then seconds later I hear the front door close.

You see, my mum is a nurse and my brother is an intern and they both work at the same hospital. It's crazy, they spend so much time working...

I guess I'm going to have to go alone because my two best friends Hailey and Nick are out of the country.

I go to my room and I undress from my pyjamas and I put my bikini on, a t-shirt, my shorts and my shoes. I don't know why but I don't like sandals or flip-flops... I just use my shoes to go to the beach. I grab my bag and I put my towel in there, my sunscreen, a book although I don't think I'm going to be reading much and my sunglasses.

I get out of the house and I grab something from the kitchen which happens to be an apple and I put it in the bag.

Finally I leave the house and luckily I live close to the beach.

I walk down the streets with the sun burning my skin. I'm kind of lucky, my skin is naturally tan so I don't usually get sunburned. I bring sunscreen just for precaution but I don't really need it.

I love myself which I think is a good thing. I love my hair, it's not fully straight but it has some waves. It's almost the colour of my skin. Nah just kidding. My hair is brown but some pieces are lighter and others darker.

I reach the beach and as it isn't actually a vacation day, there's almost no one. That's how I love it.

Before I reach the sand I take off my shoes and I take them in my hand as I find a place to extend my towel. Geez! There's so little space (note the sarcasm) I literally got the whole beach almost to myself.

I put my things down and I lay down in my towel. I take out my sunglasses and I pull out my phone from my shorts back pocket.

I start scrolling through instagram and putting likes in my friends pictures and I notice the picture of Hailey with Nick. She never told me she was going on vacations with him! Oh, we are going to have to talk. I think smirking at myself.

Suddenly as I'm about to text her, a shadow covers me.

I look up and it's probably the hottest guy I've ever seen. He has short, not so short, light brown hair, wait no, it's kind of like mine. He has probably the hottest abs ever with a clean 8 pack and his beach shorts are really nice. Well, overall he has style!

"Hey." He says first as I just look at him and then I get out of my trance and I reply.

"Hi." I say sitting down in my towel.