#14:What if I told you?

I recognize how you handle her better. 

Studio

"Touka-chan, is something bothering you? You're not as bright as before. Go take a rest or breathe some air. We'll take the photos again later", the photographer gave a thumbs up. She apologized and went to take a seat. She saw Sayuri's head peeking from the door. She waved and called her inside. 

Sayuri pass her a drink and sat on the couch. "Are you going to retake the photoshoot?", the raven head saw that she's still wearing her modeling clothes. "Sorry. I kind of mess up the first one. You can go ahead of me", Yana forced a smile. "If you're not feeling well, I'll ask them if you can do it tomorrow", Sayuri suggested. "I'm fine, Sai. Did your practice ended early?", Yana asked. The raven head didn't give an answer. "They'll soon allow you inside the gymnasium. I wanted to break in and get mad at everyone but that wouldn't please you", Yana sighed. 

"Sa-cchi, Yana-cchi. It's been a while since we saw each other here", Kise greeted the two. "Are you done with your photoshoot?", Yana asked. The lad nodded and saw she's still in her costume. "Yana-cchi. Do you have time? I would like to check on some clothes as well", he called him on the wardrobe room leaving Sayuri behind. 

Dress Room

"You don't look so cheery, Yana-cchi. Somethings' bothering you?", Kise asked. Yana suddenly felt warm in her eyes. "I'm fine. Did you find what you're looking for?", the lady answered stopping the tears from coming out. "Modeling is quite challenging a times, right? You need to be at the exact place where your photographer is telling you to stand or sit. You have to imagine that something is there when they're going to edit it for the final look", Kise whined. 

"I feel sorry for the photographer for having to repeat my photoshoot. I've been committing so many mistakes these past days", Yana nervously laugh. "But you see, no one is the best the first time or second time they commit into doing something. That's why people practice", the blonde saw a clown's wig and wore it. "What is it doing there?", Yana slightly laughed. She realized what Kise is trying to do. 

"Seeing many veteran models made me lose my confidence. I also don't feel so useful during practices and yet Inter-High is fast approaching. I also wanted Sai to be back in the training but I still don't know how to do it. After she finally decided to come back again, she's suddenly blocked with a wall.  Sorry, you have to listen to these things. I'm fine now. See you tomorrow", she ran away and went to the comfort room. 

The Next Day

Gymnasium

Sayuri looked around and saw that Yana wasn't around. She was sure that she is very much serious in preparing for the Inter High. She realized that Yana wasn't also talking about herself these past days. "Captain, did Yana tell you about not attending the practice?", she asked Kasamatsu. "Aren't you always together? She messaged me that she will continue with her photoshoot", he answered. After sometime, Sayuri volunteered to fill in the water bottle of the players. 

"Sa-cchi. I heard you asking senpai about Yana-cchi. Sorry, the photos that were taken yesterday was corrupted so they have to do another one", Kise informed. "Why are you apologizing?", Sayuri opened the faucet. "Yana-cchi did her best yesterday and she has to go to the same process again. I wonder if she can pull of another performance like that of yesterday", Kise knew the girl is struggling with her confidence. 

That manager wanna be is not here. 

Did she quit? I hope she does. 

She's not even that helpful during the game. 

She's just there, smiling. What can her smile do? 

Kise and Sayuri can hear comments coming from the girls near the entrance. They are behind the wall so they aren't being seen. 

"Yana is sweet and warm. She cares about people and is verbal about it. And yet, people take advantage of her kindness, and some misunderstand it as her way of earning points for her popularity poll. It's the same, good people and bad people appear in country sides and in the city", Sayuri said while waiting for the water bottle to be filled. "And you're concerned if the pressure will change Yana-cchi?", Kise hummed. The lady turned back and stared for a long time at the yellow fellow. "Even if I fear that, I still want to believe that she will remain the same. I'll do what I can to eradicate the threats but I don't want her to be dragged along with me", her eyes sharpened as if threatening the person in front of her as well. Though I don't want to recognize these worries before, he makes it easy for me to tell him.

Kise laughed making soften her expression. "There's nothing wrong with Yana-cchi's dedication and persistence as well as her cheerfulness. The same goes with you. Your strictness and carefulness is also praiseworthy, Sa-cchi. She's also worried about you not being able to practice with your teammates. If you believe in Yana-cchi, I also do", Kise was able complete his sentence before Kasamatsu kicked him at the back. "We're in the middle of practice!", he scolded him. "The players are now thirsty", the captain said without looking at Sayuri.

Kise walked in front of his captain with a resting smile. "Did you wait for me to console her before you interrupt, Senpai? I think you are also considerate", Kise gave a thumbs up which Kasamatsu caught and threatened to break. "I'm your ace. I won't be able to hold the ball properly", he whined. "Then you can give that as a handicap for our next opponent", the captain clicked his tongue. 

The Next Day

Inter-High

The place was fully packed making Sayuri feel like leaving the room. Inari locked her arms and dragged her inside. She noticed Seirin's uniform who sat beside them. "This is a battle against two generation of miracles", Kagami said with interest. He made it sound like they're in a movie. Sayuri peeked and saw Kuroko staring at her. He recognize her as the one who ran away when Kise tried to call her to monitor the score during their street basketball. 

"Sayuri. Don't tell me that you're slacking off. Why aren't you with your teammates? They're at the other sports center", Inari gritted her teeth. "I thought Yana already told you", the raven head slouch on the chair. "What happened?", the upperclassman shook her. "I was banned to practice with them and wasn't included in the bench", she answered. "You idiot! And you just accepted that?!", the brown head was mad but felt sorry for Sayuri as well. "It's fine. I don't mind waiting for the time I can play again", she gave a small smile. 

Inari pouted and released her. "Better watch this game and get hyped up to force your way in the gym", Inari advised. "Do you think they will win?", the upperclassman leaned on the bleacher in front of them. "Kise seemed pump when he entered the court", Sayuri noticed. 

Chapter end.