#6:What if I told you...

Can we be more gentle to ourselves as well?

Kaijo High

Class 1-1

"Hi, Touka-chan. I heard you're also modeling", Erina, a brown-haired classmate, sat on Yana's table. She was the first person who approached the new face and offered a tour since Sayuri was called in the faculty room. "Uhm. The photographers are nice. I'm still an amateur so they taught me about many things", the lady excitedly answered. "Aren't you giving them additional work? Compared to other models, they'll be able to wrap up the session and go home", Erina hummed and titled her head. "Is that so?", Yana's high-pitched voice suddenly turned doubtful. "But good luck with your photoshoots", the brown-haired lady waved her hands as soon as she saw Sayuri entering the room.

"Did she tell you something?", Sayuri asked. Yana smiled and hugged the lady's arm. "Then, can we go and watch them again later?", she asked for permission. "I'll fetch you again. Kasamatsu-senpai looks scary when girls squeal while they are practicing", Sayuri opened her bag and let out her book signaling Yana to take her seat. She knows her friend's habit. Sayuri would always read the lessons ahead of time.

After Class

Yana sighed after doing her individual photoshoot. "The designer of the jumper you wore in the last shooting was thrilled to see the outcome of the photo. It's not that usual that models would smile that wide during photoshoots", Minami gave her a pat on the back. "This is the first day I will be having a partner so I hope will not bother him that much", the blonde chuckled nervously. Minami hummed and pushed her finger in the middle of Yana's eyebrow. "What could go wrong? Plus, your partner is as adventurous like you", the woman assured. 

How's the photoshoot? I'll be running some errands today. I won't be able to fetch you. 

-Sayuri 

"This girl's been keeping secrets from me. I can smell it", Yana pouted as she reads the message from her friend. 

My manager didn't tell me who it was. We are doing couple clothes for this time. Are you having a date right now? If I can only sneak out to see who's the lucky soul. 

-Yana

The girl chuckled and sent the message. "Eh? Sa-cchi has a boyfriend? That was rather a surprising news", Kise gave a peace sign. He is wearing the same pattern of clothes. Yana fell off her seat. "You're my partner?", she was startled. "Pleasured to be", Kise offered a hand which Yana took. "I was just teasing her", Yana answered Kise's question. 

I was actually dressed earlier. My partner is late? I looked at my phone. "Sorry, I wont be able to 

Kise really made it easier for me to understand the photographer's demand. "The photoshoot was fun that made me get over my worries a while ago", Yana bowed to thank the blonde. "What were you worried of, Yana-cchi?", he tilted his head and it was adorable in Yana's eyes. "Since I'm just new in the city. I'm not that knowledgeable about the place. Sai always have to be there to guide me. The photographers use jargons I can't easily understand. They have to look for a simpler term and it might be taking much of their time. Sai also have matters to attend to but she would always accommodate me", Yana breathed deeply sat on the couch. "Did Sa-cchi tell you that you're being a bother?", Kise asked. "No way! She never said anything like that", she waved her hand and shook her head violently. "How about the photographers? Did anyone of them told you that you're bothersome? I don't mind throwing a fist", Kise made a cracking sound with his fingers. "No one did so please don't do that with your hand", Yana stood and held on his arm. She was also surprised with what she did. 

She lowered her gaze and lets go of Kise. "Sorry. I don't want them to sound like they're complaining. It's just that I can't take my ignorance and incapabilities right now. Please don't think that Sai and the photographers are bad people", she raised her head and looked at Kise with teary eyes. "Of course. I worked with the photographers so I know how patient they are. Sa-cchi doesn't seem to be that kind of person as well. I know that she cares a lot about you", Kise patted her head. "Yana-cchi. We're all born ignorant and incapable. We are never perfect in our crafts so be more kind to yourself", he smiled. 

Street

The rain started to pour and Sayuri opened her umbrella. The raven head never had a moment in life where she didn't bring an umbrella during a rainy day. She checks the weather forecast religiously. While walking, someone bumped on her. He was running due the pouring of rain. 

This scent.

She looked up and saw Kise apologizing. "Oh, sorry. Sa-cchi. Are you headed home? Yana-cchi just left the studio as well", he said in a cheery voice. Sayuri watches the yellow fellow get drenched with the rain. It started to pour heavily. "Sorry Sa-cchi. On a second thought, can you squeeze me inside your umbrella? I don't want to be scolded by senpai if I get sick for the preliminaries", he awkwardly laughed.  The raven head searched for something in her bag and passed it to Kise. "You got spare? Talk about being prepared", Kise opened it and felt relieved. "I'll walk you home as a thanks", he offered. Sayuri shook her head right away and started running.  "She's got long legs and so she can run fast", Kise laughed. 

The Next Day

Kaijo High

Yana's chair is missing and there are scribbled words on her desk. "Yana, I'll just go to the faculty. Sensei called me", Sayuri dropped her bag and then started walking out of the room. She looked around and saw that the students are acting as if nothing happened. She doesn't want to point to anyone but she doesn't want Sayuri to see it as well. She carried the table outside and was planning to change it. 

She walked on the hallway with her handkerchief spread on the table to hide the scribbled words. "Are you going to change your table? Mine was also filled with phone numbers that I didn't ask for", Kise saw her and took the table from the lady. "Ah, tough being popular. That's for the ace of the basketball team", Yana tried to sound cheery. "Did you see Sa-cchi? I have to return her umbrella", the blonde asked. "Sai? Did you meet yesterday?", Yana was intrigued. "I was about to head home when the rain suddenly poured. I don't want to get sick so I asked if I could squeeze myself under her umbrella. She started searching for a spare one and gave it to me. Amazing! Is she a weather expert?", Kise was amused. "Sai would never leave the house without checking the weather report", the lady explained. "She's the same with my former teammate. He would always listen to fortune telling and bring a lucky item", Kise introduced Midoriyama to Yana. 

 "Yana-cchi. Sorry. I knew I told you yesterday that you shouldn't doubt people's kindness. Everywhere we go, there will always be good people and so with bad people", Kise said with a sad tone. Yana clenched her fist. Kise must have seen the words in the table. They were derogatory words against her. 

Country bumpkin. 

What kind of fashion is that?

Loose the blonde hair. What are you? Dim-witted?

Manager? You're just trying to get closer to Kise-kun. 

"Can you keep this as a secret to Sai? Just like you, she's willing to throw a fist as well", Yana gave pressed her lips. 

Chapter end.