#10 What if I told you...

I don't want to talk about it but maybe someday

Gymnasium A

"Yeay?! Sa-cchi is here again", Kise ran in her direction but Kasamatsu blocked the way and gave him a "you-dare-not-focus-on-our-practice-" look. "Senpai, you're so stingy. It's not like I'm stealing your fan", the yellow fellow pouted and received a kick on his back. 

"Why is she here, though?", Moriyama asked. "Female basketball club takes a break every Monday", Kasamatsu explained. "Want to train with us, Sa-cchi?", Kise invited. Kasamatsu locked his neck and lectured about being too carefree. "It will not hurt for her to join us", Kise whined. Sayuri walked towards them and bowed. "Captain, can I practice with you? I'll be on the side so you won't be bothered", Sayuri asked while holding a ball. "Fumiko gives a day off for her teammate to take a rest. If she hears that you are training with us, you're being disobedient to your captain", Kasamatsu calmly rejected. "I won't tell her", Sayuri remained bowing. 

"You're heartless, Senpai. Aren't you going to let her join us?!", the rest of the team was led by Kise to protest. The captain tighten his grip on Kise's neck. "You're killing me, senpai", he said while laughing. "They already got pass the preliminaries. I haven't been practicing for months. Captain, I don't want to get left behind", Sayuri clenched her fist. Kasamatsu gave up and just sighed. 

After sometime, the team played five on five. Yana watches Sayuri dribbling back and forth. "I can't possibly tell her this seeing her determination but Fumiko don't usually put freshmen as starters. She wanted to be fair to those who had been training with her for the past three years so all she would probable have all the third years to be the main players", Kasamatsu stood beside Yana. "Really?! I was hoping to see Sai in her uniform as soon as possible", she gasped. "If she's really serious, she will bear the pain of not being able to play until her time comes", the captain grabbed his water bottle and drank. He saw the worry in Yana's eyes. In the first place, she's not that kind of person who I think will be serious in sports. 

"I hope it won't be that long, though. She already bought her basketball shoes", Yana smiled. 

Sports Training Center

"Don't keep those hands down!", Inari scolded the children. 

Sayuri and Yana sat on the side. "Don't come here just to eat pancakes in front of the children!!!", she roared at the two. "Inari-san is really scary. She's got eyes on her back", Yana commented. After training, Inari lets the children go home. "Don't tell me you've been slacking in your practice?", the part timer basketball teacher wiped her face with towel. "Looking aggressive as ever, Inari-san", Yana passed her a sports drink. "Are you going to pester me again with something?", the upperclassman asked. "We're just here to get some inspiration", Yana answered. "And you will get it here?", Inari slapped the back of her head. Sayuri shook her head as if telling Inari not to do it to Yana again. 

"Speak if you have something to say!", Inari grabbed on Sayuri's face. "Sai was told that she cannot play for the next game. Apparently, Kaijo female's basketball held a long tradition to only have the third years play in official match", Yana explained. "So you got depressed and is looking for someone to console you?!", Inari squeezed Sayuri's cheek. The girl nodded receiving head butt from Inari. She's as violent as ever. 

"Just looking at you eases me and Sai. You're really strong, Inari-san. After being told that you can no longer play because of an injury, you didn't hate the sport but you're here teaching children. Just how much do you love basketball", Yana grabbed on her arm and hugged it. Sayuri grabbed the other one and hugged it as well. She just doesn't want to punch as she sees Inari getting embarrassed. "You both are hopeless. Are you using my misery to your advantage?", she sighed. 

After sometime, the three decided to eat at a family restaurant. On the way, Inari had been roasting Sayuri's lack of initiative to tell the upperclassman to let her join the game or challenge them in one on one. Yana had been laughing the whole time. The focus shifted to her as Inari pointed out that she's getting fat. Yana whined and was complaining on how Sayuri's cooking boosts her appetite. 

The next week, 

Sports Center

Compared to the last game, the place was bigger and was packed with many audience. Erina pushed Sayuri to walk faster. "You have to appreciate that we are given a uniform and will be sitting on the bench", Erina guessed what's on the black head's mind as they are walking towards the bench. The opponent is also a powerhouse for female basketball. If they lose now, they will be disqualified for inter-high. 

"What are you two talking about?", a tall player, Hana placed her arms around the two. "Take pleasure, you are amongst the lucky freshmen who were picked to sit on the bench", Hana said with a playful voice. "What is so exciting about it? We can't even touch the ball for a second", Erina boldly complained. Sayuri also share the same thought but was relieved that Erina is there to be her mouthpiece. "Heh~ You cocky brat. Then, if you lose in a one on one game with me. I'll give you the spot", Hana challenged. "Stop with that. You're creating tension amongst the younger ones. Know your responsibility and take the pride of being their upperclassman", Fumiko looked back and said it with a smile on her face. 

Upper bleachers

"Oh, the game has started", Kise stood behind the bleachers. He's got the habit of watching from behind because people usually recognizes him and can no longer focus on whats happening. Kasamatsu stood next to him. "Fumi-senpai is looking sharp as ever", he commented and looked at Kasamatsu as if he was teasing. "She's a captain after all. Kaijo High had always entered Inter-High Finals so she must be feeling pressure", he commented. 

"Unlike you, why isn't she allowing freshmen to play in the games? I know it is tradition but I think Sa-cchi is a good player so maybe she could give it a shot", Kise hummed. "Fumiko is a star player during her middle school and was bench for two school years. She was only allowed to play in practice games", Kasamatsu informed. "Senpai. You're a fan of Fumi-senpai? You know a lot about her", Kise gasped. "We're both captain so we talk a lot about this. Plus, she's my classmate", Kasamatsu kicked the blonde. 

Bench

"I know you want to enter the court but hoping someone gets injured isn't good", Sayuri can hear Erina gritting her teeth and sighing every time there is a close call. "Who said I'm cursing on someone?!", the lady reacted. "Who said about cursing? That's bad as well", Sayuri said while watching her upperclassman. 

"Since when had you been playing?", Erina clicked her tongue and just decided to chat with Sayuri. "Grade school", Sayuri answered. The brown head waited for more answers. "So you're not going to tell more about it?", she said with a disappointed expression. Sayuri shook her head. "You're hopeless. Then, maybe I should really just watch", Erina pouted. 

Chapter end

Re: What if I told You?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें