Chapter Thirteen : New Dream

A fierce wind brought the group into a hurry home. A shadowing blanket began to cloak the darkening skies that were beginning to shine bright clusters of twinkling sparkles. Huddling the petite puffball, Zane began to lead the group. Noah hoisted Renèe, carrying her with both of his arms as he began to walk, making sure Renèe was safe and secure in his hold. And with that, everyone started on their way home.

Rachel stood in back of Zane, yet in front of Noah. She glanced back to see Noah, keeping his gaze upon Renèe, a shimmer of fear glazed his eyes. Rachel turned back to see Zane, cradling the droopy-eyes puppy. She watched the pup as it let out a yawn, it widened its mouth so largely, it looked as if it could devour its own face. She thoughtfully remained watching the dog as its eyes grew droopier, and droopier, and droopier. Until finally, it swiftly released its eyelids, creating a gateway of sleep. Rachel witnessed Zane, using his hand on top of the dog as a blanket, he stared down at the dog with a nervous look. Rachel scanned Zane, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down. The tiniest of smirks began to spread itself thinly across her face. She brushed back a lock of her hair, so that it hung behind her ear. Crap. Her thoughts echoed, yet they didn't make an impact. For she was still blindly falling; whether she wanted to fall, or not.

"I'm exhausted." Angel whispered to Ian, she kept a low voice to avoid awaking the dog, not to mention, she feared being the one who's voice became a blister in the smoothened silence. Only sounds of nature beamed through the air. Ian turned to her with a sly look plastered on his face. "Remind me why you think I care?" He muttered.

Angel simply rolled her eyes and the corners of her mouth curved, ever so slightly. "My legs are tired."

"Oh wow, that's nice." Ian sarcastically responded.

"Carry me."

"What?"

"Carry me."

"You know, I would, but you're already a pain in my-"

"Hey! Profanity!" Mickey interrupted.

"Shut up, Mickey!" Angel announced playfully. She turned back to Ian, "Pwease?"

Ian's mouth perked at the corners as a chuckle blasted its way through him, "Well, since you asked nicely. Are you like, bed time tired, or, I'm just trying to find an excuse to not walk tired?"

"The second one." Angel still had her most innocent expression molded into her face.

Ian passed his things to Isaac, then simply squatted down towards the ground, allowing Angel to climb aboard his back.

"Yay; Piggy back ride!" Her expression lightened up, though her eyes still had a fazing daze reflecting through.

Ian placed his arms beneath her legs as he boosted her higher up onto his back, assuring she wouldn't fall off. Ian allowed a hidden smile to run along his face as Angel pressed her head against his neck, planning a nap for herself.

Eventually, they came to the shelter, Renèe was still out cold, along with Angel, and the puppy. Noah gently carried Renèe to her bed, where he gave her a soft kiss on her forehead before exiting her quiet and still room.

Ian hustled over to Angel's room, making sure not to wake her. Once he managed to release himself from her unconscious and tight grasp, he lay the covers over her and stood in the doorway, staring at her for only a few seconds. He then left into the main area.

Zane was the most careful, he softly lay the pup on a small bit of torn rug. He pet the pup's neck and back once with a caressing gesture. He then joined everyone else in the main room.

Rachel stayed around a corner. Internal conflict began to burn up inside her. In both her conscious and subconscious, her feelings were thrashing being thrown all over the place until she collapsed.

Hurriedly, all of the shelter people gathered around her in a dash. Sodah and Mickey proclaimed that they volunteered to take her to her room, but once they failed and dropped her onto the hardwood floor, Zane stepped up. He carried her over to her bedroom. In the process, he fought against her tosses and her turns.

Her face crinkled and molded horrific expressions. She tossed around as her mind began conflicting with her memory. A thrashing feeling of devastation was swept across her face. Flashes.

Flashes.

Flashes.

Flashback.

Flashback.

Flashbacks.

Horrible Flashbacks.

Scattered pieces of her memory tore through her mind as tears welled up behind her closed eyes.

Blood.

Weaponry.

Psychotic Laughter.

Everything began to turn into a horrific blur in her memory as she shot upright to see the puppy. Sleeping calmly on her stomach. She took deep breaths until she came to. A welcoming yet eerie silence perplexed her as she decided to get up. She figured she should at least check in with everyone. The hallways were darkened.

Just behind Rachel, was the dog, trailing at her heels with its unforgettable and indestructible happy expression. A breathy chuckle rang through Rachel. Followed by a chilling rattle of goosebumps that quickly scattered her skin. Cluttering cans fulfilled the previously eerie air. Nothing but the cans were heard through the hallways.

Back up. I need back up. Rachel thought to herself. She crept along into Renèe's room and began tugging at her sheets.

"Rachel, what d-?"

"--Sh. Follow me."

Uncertain of what was going on, Renèe figured this was nothing but a dream and decided to go along with Rachel. Renèe made sure to remain as silent as possible.

Renèe held her lighter behind her back as she and Rachel crept alongside a wall to the noise of the cans.

She hurriedly flung her lighter towards the shadowy figure and flicked it in hastily. The light revealed the source of the noise.

"You."

*********************

Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading this chapter of Gain and Eliminate!!
Im hoping I can keep up a weekly schedule where I plan to update every Wednesday.

In the comments, please leave any name suggestions that you have for the dog! And stay tuned for another chapter of....

Gain

And

ELIMINATE!!!!!

*********************