Chapter Eleven: Him Or Who?

Renèe ran, plastering newly fallen tears to the side of her cheeks as she ran to hug him. He gripped onto Renèe tightly around her waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck, leaving her head smudging against his shoulder and lower head. He could feel her warm tears graze down onto his shirt as she panted rapid cold breaths past him. He slipped into a thought-filled stare followed by a grin. Renèe didn't want to let go, she was scared; scared she would be left alone again. They stayed connected in a bare silence.

Rachel and Sodah watched in awe as they carried themselves droopily to their rooms. They both knew the night would be much more peaceful than it's been in a while.

Renèe yawned forcing a yawn onto Noah, she then passed out right there on the spot. Noah thought it would be a good idea to drag her to her bed. After he finished laying her onto her bed, he made his way out to the main room where he 'built' himself a 'bed' using the chairs.

Renèe remained asleep that night for longer than she'd been sleeping for a long time. She didn't have to sleep with guilt.

Rachel slept knowing everyone was happy, and Sodah, for the same reason. Mickey fell asleep next to Isaac in her room. Angel and Ian slept in the same room, but Ian forced her to sleep on the ground for the night. Angel fell asleep looking thoughtfully up at Ian with a smirk.

Zane, however, saw Mickey and Isaac sleeping in Mickey's room. He snarled as he peered into Mickey's room through the cracks in her wall. He crept out into the main room, though he remained in the shadows of the corner, evilly growling at the sight of Noah, "He's ruining it all. My entire plan."

Zane snapped a small dagger out of his back pocket, he had stolen it from Sodah's room. As Zane began to inch closer to Noah, a faint and puny yelp came from just outside the shelter.

Zane rocketed the dagger back into his pocket, he heard Noah, Renèe, Rachel, Sodah, and Mickey rustle and scramble out of their beds out to the front door. Zane trailed after the group silently. Renèe lead the way cutting through the branches in order to make a path for everyone else, Noah stayed at her heels, prepared to have to reach out for her.

The howls grew louder, Renèe cut through the last group of branches and leaves to reveal a small dog, it looked like a puppy. It was obviously abandoned and helpless. It's eyes grew wider and filled with a horrified glare. Renèe sat herself directly across from the path in the opening, Noah spaced himself along the border, so did Rachel, then Sodah, then Mickey. Zane chose to stay on the sidelines.

They all surrounded the puppy and Rachel began to inch forward towards the dog, it slowly backed away moving itself closer to Mickey, who then decided to crawl towards the pup, the dog struggled to back up close to Sodah, who leaned her arms out, moving the dog over to Renèe and Noah, Noah jolted accidentally scaring the dog so much that it scrawled backwards until it tripped over it's own fluff and fat. Renèe took the moment to gently lift the dog up. Everyone took a moment to gush over it, then they all decided to raise it at the shelter.

The dog's matted white fur shower the group that he'd been left behind. They all slowly carried the pup together to the shelter. Zane, in attempt to not be of suspicion, had quickly run through the back trapdoor and flopped himself onto the seating in the main room.

Renèe walked in first, holding the pup close to her.

"Cute dog Renèe."

Renèe gave Zane a smile and walked the puppy to her room, where she grabbed some sheets and walked to the main room, while smiling at the dog admirably.

"I'm going to go give him a bath."

Noah was sat next to Zane, and Rachel, beside Noah. Rachel and Noah were looking at the book, until they both decided to follow along. Once they went past the doorway, Zane followed, remembering to stay in the shadows.

Renèe walked alongside Rachel and Noah down to a somewhat nearby stream. As much as it broke their hearts,mother had to wake the newly sleeping puppy.

"Noah... I can't do it, LOOK AT HIS CHUB CHUB FACE!!"

"Gimme the dog, I'll wake him up."

Renèe slowly and hesitantly handed Noah the dog. Noah took a few steps closer to the stream when-

SNATCH!

A trap went of, sending Noah and the dog high into the towering pine tree. The dog let out a pathetic cry for help, it's cry was shaky and sounded like the puppy was about to cry.

"Renèe!" Rachel yelled, Renèe turned around to find that Rachel had disappeared.

Tress and bushes rustled, surrounding Renèe with a paranoia that was being carried through the leaves and branches.

The wind picked up and swirled around the tops of the trees, swinging the trap back and forth. Noah's hearing went silent. Feeling afraid he'd be separated from Renèe again, though they had just reunited.

The trap swung until it was just over the stream, a laser noise flung through the air and the puppy fell out of a small hole at the bottom of the trap into the water.

The dog began whining as it fell until it almost hit the water, however, it was "saved" by another trap that fell through the air, picking the dog up.

A man stepped towards her, he was unfamiliar, his face filled with a growing scruff and bushy eyebrows. His intimidating stare tracked down Renèe and her empathetic reaction to everything.

"You have a choice."

Renèe began panting, scared of the choice she'd make and the options.

"Noah, or the dog."

**********************

I know it's been for forever, but to make up for the lack of Gain and Eliminate, there are two questions for you to answer!

QUESTION #1:
Would you consider yourself a dog, or cat person?

QUESTION #2:
Do you feel like Noah is trustworthy?

Leave A Comment With Your Answers And Stay Tuned Until The Ne t Chapter Of

GAIN

AND

ELIMINATE!!!!!!!