Chapter Six: Diversion Failure

Hey guys, real quick, I just wanted to say, since I haven't been updating this story at all lately, this chapter is going to be over 2,000 words (the usual chapters are 1,000)...
Anyways, hope you enjoy, now, INTO THE STORY!!!

*********************

Throughout the woods, not a single sound slipped through the barks. That is, until one single person arose from deep within the bushes, "Angel..." They muttered muskily under their sharpened breath. They fainted backwards onto the bush and sank forcefully into the frail branches of the dying bush. A tree slowly began to bend at the half way point and swooped down into the bush, it slowly began lifting up the person to only rise back up as if nothing strange had happened with the tree. The person was carried swiftly through the treetops, it was as if the trees were swaying and swooping on command.

Renée called all people in the shelter to a meeting the next day.

"Mickey?"

"Here."

"Angel?"

"Hi."

"Ian?"

"Present."

"Isaac?"

"Attendant."

"Soda?"

"Soda?"

Renee broke a single sweat.

"What about Rachel?"

"Rachel?"

The silence pulled everyone's hearts deep into their stomachs. Everyone scanned what they could behold in their visionary limits, there was no sign of either girls.

"Renée? What are we gonna do?" Ian stuttered.

Renée was frozen in her steps collecting what everyone had just found.

"We send out to look for them." She said as she remained deep in thought. "I'll assign all of you partners, and you are all to venture out in a certain direction to look for them." Renée demandingly stated as she turned slightly to still face the group.

Everyone slowly looked around at one another awkwardly and fearfully.

Renee snapped her positioning a few times before calling out, "Angel, can I trust you to deal with Ian?" Ian jumped to interrupt before Angel could even think to respond, "She can."

"Great." Renee announced, "Then you two can head out searching southern areas of the woods." Angel and Ian both began to run off south. "Mickey, I'll pair you with Isaac, since," Renee cleared her throat obnoxiously, "yeah." Both Isaac and Mickey blushed and began running northwest.

Renee, recognizing she was on her own headed into the shelter and sat on the bench in the opening hallway. She sat staring into space as a tear silently fell off from her face. Still, she remained visibly emotionless. She brushed the leftover tear stream from her face and stood up to grab her machete and forcefully made her way out the door. She began chopping her way through the plants that blocked  her path east, still, her body language came off as: emotionless.

Mickey and Isaac rejected eye contact, "So, Isaac?"

"What's wrong beautiful?"

Mickey profusely began to blush, "Don't call me that." She said with a slightly awkward tone

"Sorry," Isaac flirtatiously snickered, "what did you wanna ask?"

"Do you have any other confessions?"