Chapter 3: Ransom

***************

WARNING:
This chapter has an action that has been voted on from the last chapter.
Thanx for your votes!

***************

And The Story Begins...

Just as he was about to introduce himself 'properly' Rachel and Sodah came swinging in through the doorway and shoved him to the ground, "We know what you did." The both scowled at him in perfect sync. "I brought her back didn't I?" The shared a look at each other, rolled their eyes, and left. He stood up and waited for Renée to start either laughing or, yea no, he just expected laughing. "Ok... Continue..."
He stood firmly, took a 'breath of disappointment' and began to speak before being interfered by Mickey with Angel limping after her. "I won." Mickey stated pridefully. Angel stood up straight and forced a fall onto the guy. He helped her up and assisted her to the table then walked back into the room where Mickey and Renée were. He looked at Mickey confusedly, "What exactly did you win?" She grew an awkward look on her face before replying "Um, just an argument."

"About what?"

"Nothing... Let's just stick with the part where I said, 'I won.'"

"Awesome."

She turned and her face flushed out leaving it pale before being refilled with red. She pursed her lips and went to tease Angel about the situation.

"Oh muh gawd! Is everyone done coming in?!" Renée shouted.

There was a silence. He stared blankly awaiting an answer with Renée.

"Okay, so as I was saying before, I'm kind of shocked you don't remember me."

"The hell are you talking about?"

"I'm-"

Yet again was he cut off by Sodah bursting through the door whisper-shouting, "Raiders! Raiders! We gottuh go, gottuh gottuh go!" She pulled Renée out to an emergency exit through the back with the guy trailing behind them, not too far yet pretty far behind. He propped up the hatchet of the escape for himself for it had shut behind Sodah and Renée. Before it slammed shut behind him an arm flashed out and yanked at the back of his shirt.

Renée looked around before Sodah realized he had gone missing, they searched around the shelter for Mickey and Angel who had both already lunged themselves into the hatchet following after the man and the raiders. Sodah and Renée attempted to pull open the hatchet door, but it was no use, it had been boarded up on the other side, both girls were far too weak to try to bust it open, so they both struggled during their run, Sodah and Renée eventually needed to take a rest. They stopped in a tiny clearing of the woods and set up camp. "We can't go back there for a while. We might be able to get back after tomorrow's nightfall." Sodah said, holding her tears within her eyes. For all both girls knew, Mickey and Angel could both be dead. "Sodah? You okay?"

Sodah ran her arm along the underside of her eyes, "Yeah, it's just, I really hope their okay, and not to mention Rachel, we all just reunited, it's difficult to think we've been pulled apart again."

"I get what you mean, but remember, no matter how cliche this may sound, they wouldn't want us crying over them, before whoever the hell that guy is came into our lives, Mickey would probably take a moment of silence with us, then tell us that we have to pull it together." Renée finished with a chuckle.

"Yea, and Angel would try to get us up the entire time, then eventually try to find them by herself."

"Exactly! And Rachel-"

"Rachel would try to stay strong, hold in her tears, even though it would be completely obvious she was hurt."

Both girls took a moment to think, they both shared a small laugh.

"Renée, I'm gonna go grab some more firewood, be back."

"Mkay."

She sat in silence left to daydream, the only thing on Renée's mind was who that guy was, how he knew her, what he meant by "remember", it was all a mystery at this point, and a somewhat terrifying one at that.

It had been a while before Sodah had returned, when she did, she set the firewood next to Renée gracefully until the neat pile toppled over, crumbling over itself. The noise led to a rustle within the nearby stock of bushes, it was a fragile rustle that lasted a few mere seconds of discomfort. Then, POUNCE!

Some type of figure burst through, it was a person who was followed by a smaller person, the began attacking unwillingly as if it were a do or die situation. The two were obviously left alone to be dumbfounded and helpless. Renée pushed the two back and quickly pulled out a machete and took a firm stance looking furiously into the helpless attackers' eyes. They seemed to be close, they both closed their eyes in sync and held each other's hand frightfully.

"Relax." Renée spoke softly to them, "Unless you plan on hurting either one of us, I won't hurt you. I don't think that would be right, would it?" Neither one of the two budged, the only motion they would make would be the gargantuan inhale and sputtery exhales of their chests as they took delicate and silent breaths. They were clearly just two girls that knew they had to face reality, they looked like they could maybe be related, probably around their early-teen years. It was devastating to see them.

The taller girl who had attempted the attack had medium-length blonde hair that had a dyed pink strip amongst one section of her hair. She had on a pair of torn apart jeans and a worn-out over-sized blue plaid button up, it hung over her gray tank top that hugged onto her tightly, it was smudged with dirt and leaves as her entire wardrobe had been.

The smaller one, she just looked like a girl who anyone would've loved to have, she had her baby fat slightly still remaining on her body and her facial expression, while frightened, filled of hope. Her hair was slightly wavier and she wore worn-out rags like the taller girl.

Yet another person pounced through the bushes viciously!

***********

Hope you liked that chapter!

Who's your favorite character; leave a comment! (Your answer will affect the story...)

Stay tuned for more GAIN AND ELIMINATE!

**********