Chapter Nine: Uncovered Idea

"Renée, you're probably just tired, I think you should get back to bed." Zane said coldly, though his facial expression was warm and welcoming.

"Zane, I think I might actually be able to be happy if my theory is right." Renée stared down at the ground, holding back the clouding mist that grew within her eyes. "Just hear me out?"

Zane exhaled bluntly and obnoxiously.

Renée pulled away and pointed at a chair, ushering Zane to take a seat. "Okay, you guys ready for this?"

Mickey nodded, she was followed by everyone else in the room. "So, last night I couldn't sleep, and I spent the entire time thinking about Noah since not too long ago, I had a... Memory, of him. It was right before the, incident." There was a stilled silence for a few seconds while Renée caught her breath. "After that I couldn't stop piecing together other memories, including ones with Isaac, Zane, and plenty of other people. After consulting my memory, I thought about how Isaac never really liked me. Isaac, I know you know we've met before that little side meeting on the sidewalk."

"So what if I do?"

"Then you won't be afraid to admit you always seemingly never liked my success."

"Not true!" Isaac stood staring at the ground avoiding direct eye contact with anyone and everyone.

"Mhmm, sure. Next, I suppose, you'll tell me how Noah died."

"And what's that supposed to mean exactly?"

"I know you know that I know you know that Noah was alive at the time you and Dylan told me he died!"

Isaac awkwardly stood blankly, feeling the weight and pressure of the rising suspicious and perplexed looks from those around him. He stayed silent.

"And Isaac, don't you think it's a bit of a coincidence how only you and Dylan witnessed his death even though according to you, it was in the center of Times Square during a mass shooting which never made it to the news?"

"Look!" Isaac his head of defensively to Renée, "I don't have to take any of this crap from you!" Isaac stormed out into the woods largely. Mickey sharply turned to Renée, "Look what you did!" And she stormed out after him.

Renée stayed quiet as she left the room to sit on her bed, once she sat down, she lifted her knees to her chest and sunk her head into her arms that had rested on her kneecaps. There was a faint knock at the door, "Renée?"

"Go away Zane." Her voice was muffled. Zane quietly made his way into the room and sat himself next to her. He stayed absolutely silence. A few seconds of him watching Renée huddled to herself, she let out a quiet yelp, he could hear her weary breathing. "It's not that big of a deal, Isaac, he's just-"

Renée lifted her head, most of her tears had left a few faded lines crossing her cheekbones down her neck.

"It's not him."

"It isn't? Then what's the problem?"

"Noah, I just really miss him, I miss being able to laugh hysterically, and cry without being scared of myself. I miss knowing someone would be there for me, whether it was to be happy with me or to help me get over what I'm crying about."

Zane remained quiet, filling his head with thoughts, thoughts of Noah, thoughts of what happened to Renée, thoughts of everything.

"I want him to be here with me." She finished.

After a few more moments of nothing but the sound of Renée gasping, Rachel slipped into the room, she sat next to the Renée, avoiding any form of conversation with Zane. Rachel looked to Zane and bobbed her head towards the door, signaling him to leave. He left quietly after shooting Rachel with another wink. Rachel rolled her eyes at the thought of Zane, then took a moment to think of what to say to Renée.

"What was your theory?"

Renée looked up and wiped the remaining streams of tears from her face.

"You know, the one about... Noah."

"I know which one you're talking about Rachel. You really wanna know?"

"Sure."

"To put it bluntly, I'm pretty sure he's still alive."

"Seriously? Yuh think so?"

"Yea, I mean, other than from Isaac and Dylan, no body's told me anything about him being dead."

Rachels took in and let out a breath, "You really loved him didn't you?"

Renée smirked while staring at the ground, "I wouldn't say loved but, cared for him? Definitely, he meant everything to me."

"Then if you really think so, why don't we go out tomorrow and look for him?"

Zane continued on his path out to the woods where he saw Mickey with Isaac, like usual.

"Isaac!"

Isaac snapped his attention form Mickey to Zane in an instant and bolted up towards him. "Yes bo- I mean Zane?" He said, retracting his saluting arm. Mickey looked up at both of them from the ground, looking somewhat disappointed.

"Ian said he wanted to talk to you inside."

"Oh, he did? Okay, I'll go see what's up." Isaac turned back to Mickey, "I'll be right back."

Both Zane and Mickey watched him as he went inside, when Zane looked back to Mickey she was staring at the ground, looking lonesome and as I stated earlier, disappointed.

"You okay Mickey?"

"Yea, I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I just feel like lately, he's been brushing me off."

Zane took a seat next to her, "You think so?"

Mickey stayed quiet as she turned her head away from him, trying to hide her sadness. "Look, Mickey, I didn't want to say anything, but, not too long ago, Isaac told me something about you."

"He did?" Mickey said, her voice lightened in glee he had said admirable things about her.

"Yup, he did." Zane's voice remained stern and somber.

"What'd he say?" Her face remained bright and hopeful.

"Well, I don't know how to say this but, he um-" Zane looked away from the eye contact dramatically, "He basically said he didn't really have feelings for you and that he was, and I quote, tricking her."

Mickey's face turned duller as her smile molded into a slight frown.

"I don't think Isaac can treat you right. At least, in my opinion."

"You're right, Zane. I need someone I can trust, someone who won't toy with me."

Zane and Mickey held an intense and seemingly to Mickey, meaningful, eye contact.

And Mickey decided to make a move.

*********************

Hey guys! Hope you liked that chapter of  Gain and Eliminate!! If you did don't forget to VOTE for this chapter, it'd be much appreciated!

In the comments.... I dunno what to tell you, so..... Yea :|

Anyways, stay tuned for the next chapter of GAIN
AND

ELIMINATE!!!!

Bye!!!

*********************