Chapter 4: Innocent.... ish...

Out came bursting another man, "What do you think you're doing?" Sodah walked up towards him hesitantly and reassured him to let his guard down by pushing aside his weapon. His muscle tensed up once she backed away again, she took in a silent breath, Renee busted her way in the silence by breaking it with her slacking jaw and she belched, "Huh?" He gained tension in his other arm, the motion followed with the two girls slamming open their eyes and darting their attention at him with a smile of familiarity. They immediately bolted through the streaming waves of silence towards him, they wrapped their arms around him tightly and showed no signs of planning to let go. "They're my sisters." His voice bellowed through the lifeless wood. Renee and Sodah showed expressions of approval, and released their guard. Sodah took charge and in attempt to act intimidating, she asked with a charged voice, " Who are you guys?" Renee blankly facepalmed at the attempt of intimidation.

The man made a small gesture with his head at the taller girl, "That's Adrienne."

Then a gesture at the shorter one, "And, that's Andi." He stared blankly, regaining his guard slowly. "What about you?" Renee asked simply. "I'm Ian." Another moment of suspicious silence gre yet again amongst the five. Ian released hold of his sisters and stared expectantly at both girls. "You don't expect me to not ask your names, do you?" Renee sarcastically rolled her eyes,"Fine, if you must know, I'm Renee."

"I'm Sodah." Sodah said quickly and wearily. He looked at her with an unbelievable confused expression that was slathered across his smirking face, "Is that really your real name?" Sodah gained an offensive tone at a rapid pace, "So what if it isn't?"

"If that's the case then I want to know your real name."

Sodah shook her head reluctantly, "Not gonna happen." He grew a furious stare, and Sodah returned it with a mockingly accurate stare. He stood taller in comparison to her, and used that to his advantage to get the upper-hand. "Her real name is Mandy!" Renee shouted, releasing her contained annoyance.

Ian burst out laughing, Sodah decided to shut him up by punching him right in the gut. Though she had punched him, he didn't flinch an inch. Renee ushered them all into the direction of the shelter to search for Mickey, Rachel, and Angel. Possibly even the 'mystery man'. They had lost their way for a while, leading to them finding the shelter, but by after nightfall. The lamps and candles inside the shelter brought a bright light to the large and dark windows. Renee began to fiddle with the outer lock, trying to break it.

Ian, Adrienne, and Andi stayed behind Renee, but Sodah grew impatient, so much so that she began to walk around the shelter and around the perimeter of the land it was planted on in search of another way in, she slipped away without being noticed, and she continued to cautiously stalk the outside of the shelter with no noise but that of her frequent breaths. She began a second stalk when she tripped over a freshly fallen tree. It was right at the edge of what Sodah would refer to as 'The Forbidden Hill' meaning she had never gone there, and no one that had gone there had ever climbed their way back up, it was said to lead to a pit where death was the only way out.

She tumbled down at an unbelievable speed,or so it seemed to be that way to her as she was in the moment. She helplessly tore her way down the rocky and bumpy cliff-like wall. Until she came to a stop, she landed with her head almost near the ground and the rest of her body strapped alongside a chunk of the mossy tree's trunk. She remained calm as she looked around, she stopped twirling her eyes once she heard a delicate crunch of a twig, she saw a figure against the leaves and the newly broken twig, it was a figure of the leg of an animal that was similar to a dog. The utter silence was broken by a fierce and frustrated growl. It wasn't a dog, clearly. The wolf flipped around the trunk effortlessly and grew on a stare that forced it's way straight through Sodah savagely. In the process of spinning around the trunk, the wolf had managed to untangle Sodah from the aged vines and moss. The darkness worked along with the vicious wolf, allowing it to hide itself in the thickened, dark air.

Circling around Sodah was the fragile footsteps of the hidden wolf. The footsteps took an immediate stop as a moment of complete emptiness grew upon the clearing. Unexpectedly, Sodah's vision was no more as she became mauled by the underside of something far larger than the mere wolf that previously stood before her.

***************
Hey Guys! Sorry this chapter was so short... Anywhooooo, here's your altering question:

(Your Answer Will Affect The Story)
What's your biggest fear (that you're willing to share)?

Leave A Comment!

Thanx for reading Chapter 4; stay tuned for Chapter 5!!

***************