Chapter Twenty-Three

ANNOUNCMENT: I will be showcasing fanart at the end of this book along with doing a book/author QnA. If you have any old, current or WIP art for this series including Destiny Calls please send me images. I want to try and include as much as I can as a thank you.

As for QnA question, you can ask me anything about the books or myself and maybe it will get answered, please DO NOT comment your question here. Please either PM or COMMENT in my Artsy Doodles and Shizz #3 book in the chapter labled 500 follower QnA

Grasping Fate

Chapter 23

"Aren't we all sinners"

The rebels were indeed leaderless. It wasn't that they didn't believe Jordan, more of they weren't sure who they could place their trust in. They wanted to trust Jordan for he was their leader, the one who held the organization down and kept them all moving towards their envision future, but for now there was just no way. They had no leader and they had no engineer. Their council was short to many people, and distrust was growing in the cracks that were forming.

Their last hope was Sub. Despite betraying them, if they could just convince him to help they would have something at least. The one person who had every plan down to memory could recreate what they could not. And maybe these 10 years would not be a waste.

However Sub had recovered from his injury, though still imprisoned, did not care to speak or listen to anyone. Not that he could actually speak.

He spoke mouthing his words, and unfortunately very few people could understand him since he moved his mouth so fast. Those who could were imprisoned or Jason.

Sub had indeed heard the news, and a bit of the commotion, so he was very well aware of the situation the people were in. Sub has never been one to trust others, for the very reason that the first time he ever trusted someone he was robbed of not only his voice but his first world changing creation, the Spawn Regulators.

He joined the rebels not for their goal but to make money and eventually buy the equipment to eventually fix his own voice. But progress was slow in the four years he's been here. And when he heard of a way to make a lot of money fast, he didn't care if it was wrong, or involved capturing someone he just happened to recognize seeking shelter with the rebels. He was desperate to speak, he hardly cared about anything more than his voice.

So he betrayed the people that took him in, because it was the only way he saw himself accomplishing his only goal. And when he was caught, he was imprisoned, and now they want his help again.

And without a leader the rebels were without proper focus and most of all direction.

~~~~~

It was Alesa who took action to help the rebels, right now they trusted her. She wasn't affiliated with Duhita or Emedo, and she spoke for what they truly wanted. For now she was all they really had. When she heard of Sub and the situation of him being their only hope for progress she demanded to see him.

She hadn't heard much about him, only that he was a 'stubborn, traitorous mute' At first the idea of placing her trust in another traitor was against her better judgement, but when she heard of the scar across his neck she immediately wanted to see him.

"Please take me to where this Sub is, I think I may be able to help with the situation."

"But, there's no hope," it wasn't just that there was no hope, the rebels were in a position where it was hard to trust any. Alesa wondered if that bastard king planned this. Capturing that poor Vragan boy, enlisting an inside man, was this to throw off the balance? She heard a lot of the king's desire to kill Seto, but would he really do this all for one boy, what was so special about him?