Chapter Fourteen

WARNING: Destiny Calls Spoilers!

Also, a long awaited chapter is here! :D I died so many times trying to write secretly while being grounded.

Grasping Fate

Chapter 14

"Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves."

"We are completely lost! Setooooo, you said you've been here before!" Tyler whined.

"Well..., yeah, but only a short visit, I honestly don't know where the rebels may have docked."

"Ugh!"

"Quit whining, that won't get us anywhere." Alesa smacked Tyler on the head who glared quietly but shoved his hands in his pockets as they continued walking through the forest. It's been two days since Alista dropped them off. They've been wandering the forests trying to make sense of where to go, and so far..., no luck.

Tyler perked up causing Seto to glance at him curiously as he said, "Hey! Look, I think I see something over there!" Tyler started running and Alesa reached out to stop him and missed. She huffed and ran after him. Seto, with little time to think panicked and stumbled to follow. He tripped and fell on the roots. Tyler and Alesa stopped running, "You ok?"

He groaned and sat up holding his staff, "Y-Yeah!"

"Hurry up then!" Tyler started to run again and Alesa ran after. Seto placed his hand against the closest tree and leaned on it as he stood up. The pain was already subsiding, so he believed it was just a small bump or scrape, nothing sprained.

From his peripheral vision, he caught sight of something strange, something gray on the tree he leaned on. Seto took one, no two steps back and his eyes widened. Part of the tree was stone.

He was shocked, and a little in awe, he wondered who could've done this, and how. It had to be some sort of magic, something that seemed odder than odd.

"Seto! It's a house! Looks abandoned, and there's a village nearby!"

Seto looked to see Tyler waving through the trees and beckoning him over, he left the odd tree without another glance and made his way to Alesa and Tyler.

"Looks like it's been abandoned for sometime now," Alesa commented as she peered through the window.

"You think so?" Tyler said.

"But hey, aren't those footprints. In the dusty floor, see? It looks like a lot of them," Seto pointed to the ground inside the house, this caused Tyler and Alesa to look inside again.

"Yeh, you're right! I wonder who they were--"

"Hey! What are you lot doing! That house is taboo, you best stay away from it!"

They turned to see a man, old and small, about Seto's height. He wore a scowl on his face and his arms were folded behind his back.

"Ah, sorry sir! We're just lost and saw the house. We inspected it to see if anyone was home, we didn't mean to pry."

The old man was silent as he walked over to Seto. Seto gulped as the man peered at him closely, "I suppose you're forgiven, you must be outsiders anyway. No one in the village would dare come here."

"Why is that?" Alesa asked.

"It's none of your business. Now why are you 3 here in Duhita anyway?"

"Huh? What do you mean? Aren't we allowed to travel the realm?" The 3 followed the old man as he hobbled out into view of the village. The village was set in a clearing outside the forest, but bordered on one side by it.