Chapter Twenty-One

Man look at me go, another chapter! Ha, I'm on a roll!

Grasping Fate

Chapter 21

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"

Look to the skies. A rage driven beast flying several feet above the ground. A blinded glint in their eyes, claws clenched, tail swaying violently.

There was no time to waste. The rebels were finally organizing a response, he heard Jordan's faint yells to detain 'that beast', he saw Mitch draw his arrow, Tyler rush in with his sword drawn, Ian preparing to throw his daggers.

3.

Now or never.

2.

Seto sucked in a breath. Ty tensed ready to attack.

1.

There was this feeling welling up in Seto's chest, this power, this strength. Seto felt himself grow stronger, hie eyes burning with a fight that would not waver. His voice would carry his wish, and his wish would become their reality. Ty would not die today.

"Stop!"

Mitch ready to fire, Tyler mere feet away, Ian with his arm drawn back ready to throw. The rebels ready to attack, to protect, Adam just about to draw his sword, Jerome just about to stand. All of them stopped.

All but Ty.

His voice carried the fates in them. But Ty could not hear him. Ty flew at Seto with a yell, his hair swayed, Seto caught the faint glow of a pair of headphones. Headphones Ty had once told them were useless and were meant for nothing more than decoration.

Seto scrambled to moved, he tripped, his staff flew from his hands. He hissed, his scrapes worsening, he felt Ty's claws grazes his face. In a panic Seto spun around to see Ty ready for more.

"No more war. No more pain. No more."

With little time Seto reached for his staff. His fingers grazed the wooden surface, he missed. He reached. He grabbed, his grip tightening. Time slowed, the colors seemed to dull. Seto was shocked.

Alista was in front of him, between him and Ty.

"What--what are you doing?"

"I will make this quick, for time still continues normally, only space has been slowed. This is your choice. Will he live, or will he die. Here and now, will the evil be stopped?"

A pit of rage, he was tired of people calling Ty a monster or evil, she looked just like him, "Ty....is....not a monster!" Seto swung his staff at Alista. She vanished and in her place Ty flew. The sound of metal shattering. There was this faint ringing before cutting out all together.

The effect of the fates ended, everyone recovered their free will. The arrow. The sword. The dagger. They all made their mark. But they hit empty air. Ty was frozen in the air with the sudden shock of where he was, he was face to face with Seto.

"Set...o?" Ty fell to the ground in front of Seto, Seto hardly any time to process what he'd done.

Then there was wailing, Ty on his knees his head hung back to the sky as he wailed to the aether. Whatever made Ty do what he did that force was gone. His headphones were shattered on the ground.

There was silence, in mere seconds the situation changed from hostility to peace. Seto moved closer to wrap his arms around Ty, he faces the approaching people, rebels and friends alike.

"Leave Ty alone, it isn't his fault, he wasn't himself, leave him alone." Seto hissed, he glared at everyone in wary. He was afraid someone would try something. He saw Adam and Alesa, Jerome and Mitch, Ian, Tyler, Jordan, rebels, Jason, and Wag.