Chapter Twenty-Two

Yep another chapter! Man I am so bored, which is why I'm able to post so many. If you can't tell this book is almost done! :D 

And I can't thank you all enough for the support, after this book GAMEOVER will be my main priorty. The final book of this series will be second because I don't want to make you all wait, and Calamity remains third.

Also, please read my note at the end for something cool, now I'll stop interrupting your reading time! <3

Grasping Fate

Chapter 22

"Inhale the future, exhale the past"

The man that stood before the crowd clutching his broken arm in a pained and strained expression was none other than the prince of the kingdom they hated.

There was silence as the reality of who was before them sunk in. Jason was right, that fiend of a prince really had snuck into their ranks, and no doubt the people he was with knew who he was too.

"Don't you see! We should kill him now!" Jason snarled in wrath, Tyler and Wag still held him back.

"No! Adam is a good guy!" Mitch defended him, he wanted to go up and protect his dear friend, but he was helping Jerome support Ty.

"Shut up, king or not you've been lying to us!" One rebel shouted in rage, "You've been secretly hiding an Emedian prince!"

"Bloody bastards!"

"Stop!" It was Alesa who spoke up, eyes turned to the young princess of Neim, she faced Adam. He quietly accepted her rage filled eyes, "What reason do you have to be here?! Here among these people, your father must be a lowly bastard to not only hire a traitor but send his own son. What is it you planned to do, murder."

"Adam has no affiliation with his father," Ian stepped in.

"Silence, this has nothing to do with you, you're just his advisor aren't you. You stick up for him, as is your job, we have no reason to believe you."

"He is my friend!" Ian defended.

"Friend? Don't make me laugh!"

"Do not tell me who is and isn't my friend, none of you know the kindness Adam possess, he is fundamentally different than his father," Ian defended.

However people were far from believing Ian.

"Don't make us laugh, he's a lowly bastard that does what his father wants, give me one example of this kindness?"

"Seto," Ian simply said.

"What?" Alesa wasn't quite sure what Ian meant by saying just one name.

"I will admit, I was never for sparring Seto's life at first. Despite Seto knowing he was a sorcerer he revealed his identity in front of Adam to save his life. By law Seto should've been put to death on the spot, but Adam is a man of honor, he would never end the life of one who has saved his."

"Not only that, Seto was later being tried as a sorcerer in an Emedian court, again against my better judgement, Adam, Mitch, and Jerome all worked to save Seto's life before fleeing to Eflido where we were told Seto would find refuge. Now why would the prince of Emedo, who you all call a murderer, and cold-blooded save the life of a sorcerer. A race he is supposed to hate. Why would he go against his own kingdom for one person? Why do you think the king wants Adam dead! It's because Adam doesn't stand by the same beliefs his father does!"

"We can't believe someone like you," Jason spat.

"Then believe me, what Ian says is true. Adam did help me, even when my parents were murdered he helped me. Even when I wished to help a friend, he agreed to help despite knowing that friend wanted him dead and tried to kill him. Whatever it is you think of Adam, is..is wrong. You've never even met him, even when I first met him I hardly believed he was a prince. His attitude was too much like a...child. But he..he really is a good person."