•15•

"Are there like magic signs that he's gay or are you just guessing?" Pyro asked.

Greg shook his head and let out a small laugh. "He's literally sat in your lap and kissed you without freaking out. Pretty sure he's gay, bisexual at the very least."

"So, what if I'm gay?"

"Then you're gay."

"That's all? No jokes or anything?"

"Nope. I'm not really into calling people faggots all the time like you."

"It's not because they're gay. It's because it's a fun word." Pyro crossed his arms.

They were silent for at least three minutes. They felt uneasy around each other still due to their makeshift Pokemon battle for Calvin. They would talk, but that didn't mean they wouldn't destroy one another for the junior.

And luckily Calvin was mostly oblivious to the war around him.

"So.. I think he should stay at my place for a while." Greg spoke.

Pyro almost laughed at that. "I don't think so, mate."

"I just think that it's.. I don't know.. safer? I mean, I've got food and I can clear out the guest room. Not to mention it's drug free.."

"Ha, you know he won't be able to make it very long without a cigarette. Also, he'll need some Vicodin." Pyro paused, considering something in his mind. "That is, unless you are a psychopath and enjoy seeing him in pain."

"Of course I don't." Greg cringed as his mind brought him back to the night of the party when he saw Calvin collapse from the pain. "I just don't want him to get addicted to them."

"Too late for that. He told me that back when he was really depressed he used to take them like candy. He's gotten over it, or at least that's what he's told me."

"Shit.. he's just full of problems, isn't he?"

"He's worth it though." Pyro said mostly to himself. "But anyway, he's not staying with you. He's perfectly fine here."

"Except that you barely have any real food."

"Well at least I'm not going to make him eat vegan shit." Pyro retorted.

"You act like you own him or something."

"I don't, but at least after first meeting him I didn't have anyone beat him half to death or I don't know.. get him raped."

"Stop bringing that up." Greg growled.

"What? Do you think he can just ignore it when he sees something that reminds him of what happened that night?" Pyro's voice rose. "Have you seen his expression when you so much as mention Keem?"

"I didn't want that to happen to him! How many times do I have to say it? If I could change that night, I would!" They were getting a bit loud, but not loud enough to disturb Calvin from where he was probably laying curled up in Pyro's bed.

"Just get out. It doesn't matter what you wanted, it still happened. You've hurt him indirectly, but you've still hurt him."

"But-"

"Fuck off, mate. Leave Cal alone, you've done enough damage to him." Greg held Pyro's gaze and he could tell how serious he was. He could see the rage and passion burning in the man's eyes. Greg broke eye contact and left the house.

.
.
.

Calvin was incredibly bored.

The house was empty and nothing good was on TV. Pyro had left him to go to class and when Calvin had gotten up from the bed, the younger man told him that he couldn't go because he needed to rest.

But Calvin couldn't rest when he was so fucking bored.

This resulted in him taking two Vicodin instead of just one when the pain started to flare up around his ribs. He felt much better after that.

He felt light and sort of.. floaty? He couldn't describe the wonderful feeling.

When there was a knock at the door Calvin didn't think much of it. He untangled himself from the blankets that had been trapping him and walked from the bedroom to the door.

He turned the lock and slowly pushed the door open.

Greg stood on the other side wearing a brown leather jacket with a graphic T-shirt underneath.

"Pyro said you should stay at my place for a few days."

"Why would he say that?" Calvin questioned.

"Maybe he's having someone over..? I don't know. Get your stuff and we can go." Calvin was a bit skeptical as he stood in the doorway in just one of Pyro's sweaters and a pair of boxers.

At last, he sighed and let Greg in as he went to put on some pants and grab his things.

"Are you sure Pyro said that?" He asked loud enough for Greg to hear him from the main room.

"Yeah, he asked me about it in the hall at lunch." Greg lied.

Calvin didn't reply and instead finished pulling on the pair of jeans he had worn days prior. He grabbed the small bottle of Vicodin and a half empty pack of cigarettes before  slipping on his shoes and meeting Greg out in the main room.

Greg, noticing the way Calvin seemed to sway when he walked, prompted his next question.

"Are you high?"

"No."

"You're high."

"No, I'm not. I'm just tired." Calvin definitely wasn't tired now. He felt relaxed.

"What did you take?" When Greg didn't receive an answer, he began patting Calvin down. This summoned many protests from the younger man.

"Stop fucking touching me!" Calvin swatted Greg's hands away. Greg continued, only stopping when he felt something in his sweater pocket.

Greg sighed when he found the bottle of painkillers. Calvin was trying to retrieve them, but the senior was a little taller than him and was holding the bottle out of Calvin's reach.

"So you're getting high off of painkillers again?"

"Again? How the fuck do you know about that?" He'd only told one other person and that was..

"Pyro told you?"

Greg nodded before shoving the orange bottle into his jacket pocket and gesturing to the door.

Calvin let out a frustrated sigh and followed Greg out the door.