•7•

Waking up had been hard for Calvin. His head ached and he couldn't seem to focus his vision enough to turn off his alarm clock.

He sat up, making sure not to put any pressure on on his arms as he did so. His eyes fell on the small black box in the floor next to him. He had really done it, huh?

He stood, almost falling from the dizziness before he adjusted. The man turned off the alarm clock next to his bed before stumbling to the bathroom.

Crusted, dry blood was caked onto the skin of his forearms, some even on the dark material of his hoodie.

He turned on the faucet, letting it run until it was warm before placing one of his wrists under the water. He hissed in pain and immediately withdrew his arm.

"What happened to your arms?" His mother asked from the doorway.

Calvin quickly hid his arms behind his back.

"N-Nothing.. what are you doing up?"

His mother was not hostile or as venomous as she was when she was using. She could sometime be caring if her mind allowed it. Calvin was still weary of the woman nonetheless.

"Your alarm.. is that blood?" She asked as her gaze caught in the red tinted water in the sink.

"No."

"Let me see your arms."

"No."

"Calvin."

"I.. I have to get ready for school."

"Let me see your arms." She demanded in a stern voice that made Calvin flinch.

The young man kept his gaze fixed on the floor as he slowly took his arms out from behind him.

"Sit down." She said gesturing to the lid of the toilet.

He didn't look at her for fear of judgement or pity lacing her usually drugged out features.

She cleaned up his wrists wordlessly and Calvin was disgusted by the motherly touch of the woman who allowed her husband to beat the shit out of her only son.

He tried his best not to wince each time her fingers touched his skin and when she declared that she was finished, the woman gave Calvin one unreadable look before leaving the bathroom.

At least she didn't make a big deal out of it, Calvin thought.

Luckily his arms weren't bandaged, he hated the stiff feeling each time he bent his wrist and the difficulty they caused. Calvin stripped the slightly bloodied hoodie off of his abnormally skinny frame along with his pants before changing into a dark grey hoodie with black jeans.

He glanced down at the small puddle of dried blood from the previous night. It was quite a lot of blood, how had he not died?

He wishes he had. His existence didn't really have a purpose anyway.

He grabbed his bag, skipping breakfast once again like he had everyday this week and starting down the road to school.

.

.

.

The day had been uneventful so far as always and worse, he was really craving a cigarette right now. He would go out to the back of the school without hesitation as usual except Pyro would more than likely be there already smoking in his usual spot.

Calvin took a deep breath before walking out the back doors. Instead of sitting where he usually did, he settled further away from Pyro before taking out a cigarette and lighting up.