Helmets For Hardheads.

Nick's POV. I was currently sitting on the front porch watching the kids ride their bikes on our street, I didn't really want them too, but I was watching them so I figured it would be okay for a little while.

I check my phone and yawn, knowing our road doesn't get much traffic and the kids know to get off the street as soon as possible if they see a car, the older kids watching out for the little kids as well.

Chad and Zayn were currently working.

I get a text from Chad, letting me know he got to his job safely

I smile, texting him back. "Okay buddy, thanks." pushing send I click my phone back off, turning my attention back to the kids.

"Christian! Car! Get off the road!" Keira yelled at him.

Bryant turning his attention to the yelling, eyeing Christian in the middle of the street.

"Christian Jackson Jonas! Off the road!" Bryant yelled, getting off of his bike.

I stand up on the front porch, watching Christian pulling his bike to the side, the car honking, then passing him and going on.

"I'm sorry I didn't see the car. I only heard it honk. I got off the road as soon as possible," Christain says, his eyes welling up with tears.

"It's alright buddy, just be careful of cars, when you see one, get off the road. Okay, little man?" Bryant says, smiling and ruffling his hair, his tears quickly disappearing.

Christian beaming back up to him he nodded his head and then got back on his bike, returning to the streets, riding once again.

"Keira, go up to the house and put on your helmet, you know you are not supposed to ride without it," Bryant says, pointing up to the house while looking at Keira.

"No! I am not a baby! I don't need it!" Keira yells, glaring at Bryant, riding down the road on her bike.

I raise my eyebrow and stand up on the porch and walk down the stairs.

"Keira Grace Jonas! Get up the house and get a helmet on, or put up your bike, the choice is up to you," Bryant says sternly.

I watch from the end of the driveway, seeing how he handles this.

"No! I don't have to listen to you! Leave me alone!" Keira yells again, riding down the road, stopping her bike looking down are street both ways, as it is a three-way sorta, and the kids are only supposed to go down the street we live on.

"Don't you dare Keira," I say sternly, watching her, slowly approaching behind her, stopping right at the edge of our driveway.

Keira was still a good distance from me.

I eye Bryant as he slowly rides his bike up to Keira.

"But I don't wanna wear a helmet! I am not a baby!" She yells again, Bryant closing in on her.

Kevin riding his bike up to the side of her's.

"Keira!!! Go! Run! Ride your bike down the street with me!!" Kevin yells

Keira screamed and joined in with him.

Kevin and Keira take off, standing up on their bikes, riding them down the street.

"Keira and Kevin!! Stop right now!" Bryant yells.

I could tell he wasn't sure what to do at this point so I decided to take over.

"Bryant, stay here and watch the kids, I got this," I say grabbing my jacket off the front porch, running down the sidewalk.

Bryant nodded his head and stays at the house to watch over the other kids.

I slow down a bit seeing the kids up in front of me.

I spot two cars coming down the street straight towards them.

"Keira!! Get off the road!" I yell already seeing Kevin clearing the road.

I hear honking and watch as Keira swerved with a scream.

The car stops and I honestly felt like my heart just stopped.

I run as fast as I can up to Keira to check on her.

Kevin threw his bike down, kneeling down by Keira and I seen tears run down his face.

He blamed himself and it was indeed some of his fault and he should feel guilty.

Keira stands up, cuts and scrapes up along her arms, legs and belly.

I pick her up, settling her down on my hip.

"Keira, do you hurt badly anywhere? Like your head, ribcage? Anywhere, just tell me," I ask, concerned as I set her back down on her feet, checking her entire body out.

"No, bubba. I'm okay, but these cuts hurt." Keira says, lifting up her arm.

I nod my head as I kiss her cheek and hug her tight, so relieved that she is safe.

After I make sure she isn't hurt other than few scrapes and cuts, I feel the anger begin to rise inside of me, but I remain calm.

I grab a hold her arm where no cuts are, turn her around and land fifteen sharp hard slaps to her bottom.

"You do not ride your bike out on that street! When someone tells you to come get a helmet you do it! You could have been killed!" I say sternly, her eyes welling up with tears now.

"I'm sorry!" She yells, pushing past me and running back to the house.

"Come on Kevin, you stay with me on the way back to the house," I voice firmly, pointing right beside me.

I then grit my teeth before jogging back up behind her and grabbing her arm, delivering fifteen more sharp hard swats to her bottom.

"Stop running, when I release you. You will walk with me back to the house like you have some common sense in your brain and don't you dare raise your voice to me, missy, you are in no position to test me right now," I say, gritting my teeth while grabbing her hand and walking back to the house.

Kevin followed behind us bringing his and Keira's bike back to the house.

"Bryant get the kids in the backyard, till I am done with this," I say, Bryant nodding, telling all the kids to get in the back yard.

"Kevin, right now I really can't deal with you, you need to go to your room and sit, you could have got her killed by telling her to go out like you did!" I say sternly, Kevin peers back to Bryant, dropping Keira's bike in the blink of an eye he jumps back on his own and takes off down the street.

I turn around just in time to see him ride down the road as fast as he can.

Hey, guys! So this chapter is quite hectic, took me awhile to write it, but it's up now, I would love some feedback on how you guys think I did, it takes like a minute to comment, so please take the time to comment and vote, I am also always open to ideas and prompts, so feel free to drop any in my inbox or comments. Thanks.