When you're happy and He's empty

It's four months now since Barbara and John celebrated their second anniversary and still in each company today but something had change now with their time being together since Barabara change her career path. She is currently working at a car dealership and requires her whole week working. She often sleeps early, so tired...the reason why their time to share how the day went lacks. Lucky enough that John loves her so much to afford to go home every week to see her so they could spend time together. Every friday night John would drive five hours just be be with her and go out on a Saturday evening after Barbara works and just when they finished a good dinner John would go home, drive five hours again because he works during sundays and needed to be there 8o'clock in the morning. Their schedule really didn't match that much, they actually have a hard time to catch.

One day, Barbara noticed that John would often asked permission if he can go out with friends and Barbara didn't mind since she cannot share company with John because of their distance. Barbara try to do the same as well, go out with her friends but John won't allow. They dont meet at a point but somehow Barbara really understand that maybe John is just worried because no one will send her home at late night.

After everything they're trying to communicate with each other as much as they can when John spend they're time playing video games and chatting on the phone with some friends and he did not realized that Barbara find it difficult over her work, her life, and herself.

At this point, Barbara really had a hard time with her job because her mom and the rest of the family would asked her to leave her work but she just can't because she don't want to be dependent no more.

One friday, John informed Barbara that he will not be able to go home because he is meeting some friends. Barbara then replied that it's okay since she dont want John to drive that long. John went out around 9 in the evening and since then didn't bother to send a message to Barbara so she is on the internet watching movie waiting for John's call.

All of the sudden Barbara got a message request from Peter's mom she accpets it and saw her goodbye letter to Peter. Barbara got so shy and all she can say is, "Hi mom, how do you get that? You just dont know how shy am I right now..." Peter's mom replied, "Hey, don't worry...it's Pete, I just used mom's maybe you'll reply? I am now here."

Barbara, "Asshole!, you just don't know how nervous I am. What do you mean? Mom's here in the Ph?
Pete, "Don't worry, No. I am here with them in the US. I packed all my things and I didn't realized that I still choose to keep it and bring it with me. How are you? Is it okay if we talk?
Barbara, "why didn't you throw that out when you've read it? I am fine... when did you left? Yeah. No worries."
Pete, "why would I do that? This chapter of my life made me realized that I am man enough and maybe when we see each other again I could make it up to you, and I hope I still can. Im sorry for being that bad ass you know..."
Barbara, "That's alright Pete, dont worry it's all done in fact we grow different together now and what have had happened to us made who we are right now. No big deal."
Pete, " It's tough for me Barb, because until know I cannot forgive myself with all the things I've done to you. One day if we see each other again maybe I'll do things right."
Barbara, "Pete, if we'll see each other again one day I will greet you and give you a smile but we cannot make things back together because we have different life now."
Peter, "Don't you love me?"
Barbara, "Don't you think that it will make sense to me when you asked me that before? I am happy with John, and Pete I always pray somehow that you'll find someone who'll love you as much as I do before."
Pete, "You mean you dont love me a lil'?
Barbara, "Love dont go away Pete, it fades...I can never forget how much I loved you before but if I'll make this work now it simply would not because things changed between you and me and we just cant be together anymore.
Pete, "I hope one day we'll see each other again and I swear to God that I will make it up to you."
Barbara, "You really think that we'll see each other again huh?!"
Pete, "Yeah, I do. Remember my vow?"
Barbara, "Yea.!" "I vow to love you and no matter what challenges may carry us apart we will always find a way back to each other."
Pete, "I am so pleased you didn't ....
Barbara, " there are a lot of good things that we've shared and none of that will I forget but Pete, it simply won't work between you and me now because I cant go back, we cant go back because it's different now... a lot has changed and I love John and I can't afford loosing him."
Pete, "I know I'll see you again one day, and if God will allow me to work He will. Yes I know you two are happy, successful together and I wish the best for you two but that doesn't tell all of us that you two are supposed to be together in the future."
Barbara, "we'll get married one day Pete and have family, we always pray for that and I wish the same for you. We could be bestfriends?"
Pete, "I'll take that..."

They continue chatting coping up with each other life now until it's 3 am and John didn't even call Barbara. She decided to sleep now and realized that when the one you are with is too busy with his life you have to remain in love with you two. And when the one you used to love is not happy, you cant completely be happy too. The best way to cure this is to remain honest and faithful. Honest to yourself and your partner and faithful to God praying that things will work out between all of you.