Chapter 60

I was split in two. I was exhausted. I was in pain, but I was happy. After nine months, and the roller coater ride the whole way through, Sheya was here. She was screaming, which only added to my headache, but I didn't care. Covered in sweat and throbbing 'down there', all I wanted was to hold my baby. The nurses took her away and washed her off before taking her vitals and weight, and whatever else. Zane squeezed my hand tightly after cutting the umbilical cord. I looked to see that he had tears in his eyes. I smiled back at him with tears pouring down my face from pain and happiness.

"Congratulations! You're healthy baby girl is 8 pounds, 4 ounces," The nurse said as she handed her to me. I smiled as I cradled her to my chest. She was big for a baby, with a head full of curly brown hair already. Her screams made her face beet red and hid her eyes from me. I cooed at her until she eventually calmed down, opening her blue eyes. They would probably settle into a hazel as she got older to match her father's eyes. I read that it happened more times than not on a website somewhere. I smiled at her happily.

"Hi, Sheya... welcome to the world," I said happily. Zane moved to my side to look at her.

"She's a spitting image of her mother," Zane said as he kissed my sweaty head. I sighed and suddenly felt bad.

"I'm sorry," I apologized to Zane. He looked at me confused.

"For what?" he asked. I decided to suck it up and get it over with. I couldn't blame the hormones anymore.

"I haven't been very considerate lately. I jumped the gun with moving to Henderson, and I should've asked you about it instead of telling you. It's just... I didn't want to feel stuck here," I apologized. He shrugged.

"It's your life, Dria. We've already tried going down that road, and we just... don't work that way. I understand you wanting to move in with a guy you really love. I wish I felt something more, but it's just not in the cards for us. Sheya on the other hand, she's our little girl. We'll figure something out because we're her parents. We don't have to figure it out right now, though. Let's just enjoy the moment while it lasts," he suggested. I smiled at him.

"I'd like that," I agreed. Soon, Sheya was searching for her source of food.

"After Sheya finishes eating, I'll let everyone else in to see her," I explained.

"Can her middle name be Sarah-Jane? It was my mother's name," Zane asked. I smiled as Sheya latched on to my breast.

"Of course, Zane," I agreed easily. It didn't even have to be asked. We sat in comfortable silence as Sheya ate. She was so tiny... so beautiful.

After she finished eating, Zane let everyone else in. Fehtra hugged me gently. Presley and Aria were right behind her.

"Hi, hun! Aw, she's so little," Aria cooed at her. I let Zane hold her first. He was her father after all.

"How was it? Any complications? How much does she weigh?" Fehtra asked, going into doctor mode. I chuckled at her.

"It was painful, like hell ripping through my vagina, but it was worth it. Everything went smoothly, and 8 pounds, 4 ounces," I said, answering all of her questions. Even Zane's dad was here. He stood next to Zane and looked down at his granddaughter.

"I'm a grandpa," Michael breathed as his eyes watered. Zane let him hold her. It was a good sign to see Zane smile at his father. It was something I never thought I would see. They were better, but this was different. It was like they finally accepted each other and their mistakes. Babies seemed to always bring families together after the initial fallout.

Speaking of family, my parents walked in as if hearing my thoughts. I looked at them happily shocked. I hadn't talked to them in a while. I hadn't seen them even longer since our holiday plans changed at the last minute.

"Buppie? Momma? What are you doing here?" I asked happily confused.

"Fehtra called us. We wanted to see our granddaughter... and see how you were doing," my mother explained in her thick accent. Michael handed Sheya to Fehtra before going to introduce himself to my parents.

"Hi, I'm Michael Reeds, Zane's father," he said as he held out his hand.

"I'm Behti, this is my husband, Shangesh," my mother introduced. They shook hands as Fehtra cooed over Sheya. I looked at my parents confused.

"Where's Daari, Raj, and Dali?" I asked.

"We didn't want to overcrowd the room. They're home. They have school in the morning anyway. They can always see their niece later," my mother answered. She was kind of right about the overcrowding though. The room was already pretty packed with everyone. I just really wanted to see my siblings. I wished they were here but I understood.

"Could you bring them by tomorrow?" I asked. My mother nodded.

"After school," she promised. I smiled tiredly and looked back to where Fehtra was still cooing over Sheya. Everyone was holding light conversation amongst themselves, so the room was abuzz.

"She's such a pretty girl," Fehtra smiled down at her.

"My turn!" Presley said impatiently. Fehtra chuckled and handed her over. Presley rocked her gently and baby talked her. I swear everyone was going mushy in this room. After Presley was done cooing over her. Tyler held her, then Aria. Aria made herself comfortable in a nearby chair as she rocked my baby to sleep. I yawned, feeling very tired.

"I think I'm going to take a nap now guys," I said, yawning again. They all said their goodbyes before they left the room. All except Aria, who was still holding Sheya, and Tyler.

"Did you get a chance to talk to Zane?" Tyler asked. I shrugged.

"Not really. I was a little busy having a baby," I answered. Tyler chuckled.

"I'll go talk to him," he said before he left. Aria was still rocking a sleeping Sheya when she looked to me.

"You've officially got it made, Dria," Aria joked. I chuckled.

"Yeah, until she starts waking up at all hours of the night," I replied.

"I'll be there to help, and so will Tyler, and possibly Zane too," Aria reminded me. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, but none of you have milk squirting out of your nipples," I muttered. Aria tried her best to laugh quietly with ended up making her sound like a dying duck. When she finally calmed down, she shook her head.

"Honestly, was not expecting that," she apologized. "You've grown a pair since the start of the school year," Aria noted. I rolled my eyes as I attempted to get comfortable.

"I had no choice," I muttered. "Will you watch Sheya? I really need some sleep," I asked. She nodded and got comfortable in the couch-like chair.

"I was already planning on it. Get some sleep, hun. We'll be here," Aria said softly. I closed my eyes and gladly drifted into deep unconsciousness.