Chapter 11

(Domino in media.)

I finally looked in the driveway to see a very soccer-mom looking car with a giant bow on it. It was a silver Toyota Tundra. Fehtra was standing next to it excitedly. "What's this?" I asked slowly. Her smile grew bigger if that were possible.

"You got me a car?" I asked, shocked. No one had ever given me this great if a gift before. The most expensive gift I got was a high-tech calculator from my parents.

"Come on! Ben has the other surprise inside," she said, dragging me inside. Ben was sitting on the couch with a small German Shepard puppy in his lap.

"A puppy?" I asked incredulously. Ben handed the puppy to me. I smiled as the little guy wagged his tail and attacked my face with his tongue.

"He will be your responsibility. He'll help you learn how to take care of a baby in the attention department. And I'll help you with the rest," Fehtra explained. "That is, if you decide to keep the baby. I know you don't plan on getting an abortion, but adoption is still an option," she said.

"Of course I'm keeping the baby. I don't want my child to ever feel unloved," I said. Fehtra nodded in understanding.

"Sometimes it's not about making the child feel unloved, it's about giving it the best life possible. You have nine months to decide though; no rush," she said. "Have you talked to the father?" she asked. I thought about the text he sent me earlier before I shrugged.

"Not since he tried to push money at me for an abortion... but I don't need him to raise a baby," I explained. I busied my hands by petting the puppy as Ben left to go to get my bags out of the car. I sat on the couch with Fehtra. "What's his name?" I asked trying to change the subject. Fehtra sighed but let me change the subject.

"We left that up to you," Fehtra said. I smiled at the energetic little pup and scratched behind his ear.

"Domino... I think I'll name him Domino," I said before I yawned. Fehtra stood and took Domino from my lap.

"Come on, I'll show you to your room so you can get some sleep. You still have school in the morning and rest is important for a growing fetus. I'll just have to give you the grand tour tomorrow," she said as she put Domino on the floor. He trotted next to us excitedly as we went upstairs and to my new room. Ben had just dropped the last of my bags down.He smiled at Fehtra and kissed her gently before he smile at me and wrapped an arm around my sister's waist. Ben was the kind of nice guy that my sister deserved. He was tall with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. He was a doctor too, and ironically, he was a pediatrician.

"We're so excited to have you here. Make yourself comfortable. This is your home now, too. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask," he said. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Thank you," I replied.

"Goodnight, Chandria. Get some rest," Fehtra said before they left the room. Domino hopped up on the bed and sat next to me patiently as he wagged his trial. I quickly called Aria and explained everything while I pet Domino before I finally went to sleep.

~

The next morning, I woke peacefully. The bed was so comfortable. I dug through my still-packed bags and found a quick outfit before I got ready for the day. I took Domino tot he backyard as I made a quick breakfast of toast and peanut butter. Fehtra and Ben came downstairs and bustled around the kitchen. I set out food and water for Domino in the yard for the day before I grabbed my backpack.

"I'm taking you to school today. Oh, and here's a key to the house. Don't forget to try and find a ride home from school. Ben and I will still be at work, but we'll be home for dinner," Fehtra said in a rush as she grabbed her coat and keys. I followed her out to her car. She drove me to school quickly. At my parents house, it was close enough to walk, but Ridgeford Park was a good ten miles further; and that was only to the entrance to the ritzy neighborhood. I got out of the car when it pulled up to the front of my school.

"I sent the house address to your phone in case you need to give anyone directions, Have a good day at school, and make sure you eat the lunch I packed for you. It's perfectly balanced for the fetus," Fehtra said. I chuckled and waved her off.

"GO, you're going to be late for work," I said. She waved a final goodbye before she drove away. I turned and made my way to my locker. I threw my backpack in my locker before I adjusted my thin framed glasses. I opted out of my contacts this morning. My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I pulled it out confused. No one except Aria texted me in the morning.

Am I allowed to talk to you at school? the text read with Zane as the contact ID. I sighed and unlocked my phone.

Me: No.

"Oh my God, Dria, I can't believe all of that happened last night," Aria said as she pulled me into a hug. I sighed in relief and took comfort in her hug.

"I I know, but on the bright side, I'm only like a block away from your house," I smiled. I shut my locker and we made our way to our first class. The day actually went smoothly. At the end of the day, I said goodbye to everyone and went to the bathroom as I waited for my sister. My phone buzzed after I finished washing my hands.

Fehtra: Hey Dria! Hope school was okay. Don't forget to get a ride home.

"Crap!" I breathed. I completely forgot about that. I was in the middle of texting my sister Aria when a girl came into the bathroom. She looked familiar, but I couldn't remember where I'd seen her before. I paused as I looked at her. She also stopped and looked at me curiously.

"Hey wait a minute... aren't you the girl my brother got pregnant?" she asked bluntly. I nearly dropped my phone as my eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"Oh my God... he told you?" I asked shocked as I subconsciously crossed my arms over my stomach. She shrugged.

"Well, duh. I'm his sister. We tell each other everything," she said.

"You can't tell anyone," I begged. She waved me off as she readjusted her hair and glasses in the mirror.

"Oh, come on. I'm not stupid," she said dismissively. She gave me a once over before she held our her hand. "I'm Presley, by the way," she said. I shook her hand.

"Chandria" I introduced myself. She smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, trust me... I already know who you are. Zane never shuts up about you. He worries about you, you know?" she said. It was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Concerned about how I'll ruin his reputation, I'm sure," I muttered.

"No," Presley said seriously. "He is actually worried about you and the baby. He wants you know that you both are okay, but he thinks that you hate him and knows you're avoiding him," she explained.

"I don't hate him... at least, not completely," I said. We were silent for a moment before I ran my fingers through my hair. "Look, I would love to stay and talk more but I have to find a ride home," I admitted. Presley smiled mischievously.

"Well, my brother is waiting for me outside with the car. We could give you a ride... That is, if you're willing to be that close to him," she offered. I hesitated. She was good. I was cornered. Should I go? Aria was probably already taking her after school nap.

"Okay, fine, thanks," I accepted reluctantly. She stopped me before we left the bathroom.

"And talk to him... please? Even if it's just a brief conversation to let him know that you're okay," she asked. "Please," she begged softly. I let out a breath and nodded. She gave me a grateful smile before we made our way out the door.