Part 12

"NIALL?!" I shout and run over to his shaking body.

When I finally reach him i instantly drop down to hover over his shaking body. Tears springing into my eyes.

"Niall.." I say again. I reach down to roll his body over. His lip bruised, shirt torn, eye brow slit, and nose most likely broken. I don't even want to think about how badly the rest of his body is hurt.

My head is placed to his chest to make sure he is atleast still alive. Who would do something like this? Like who takes pleasure in making someone hurt this much? Its horrible.

A groan came from the body below me and relief flooded mine.

"Niall? Niall talk to me, I'm here" I say.

A slight smile crosses his bruised face. He chuckles.

"hey sky"

"Niall..who did this to you?" I say, tears coming into my eyes again but I stop them from escaping.

"Nobody. I'm fine"

"Clearly" I say, motioning my hands to his body, and he flinches at my movements.

"Niall you can tell me! Please?" I say looking into his blue eyes. He looks away and begins to bite his lip, then realizing that was a bad idea.

"Can we um...just get me from off the ground?" He changes the subject. Then again I can't argue, I am interrogating him while he's basically broken underneath me.

I stand and bend down, hooking my hands around his elbows.

"Damn boy what do you eat?!  You're heavy as hell!" I say with a laugh and he follows. He isn't that heavy but I need to make a joke to ease this situation.

"where to?" I ask, pulling his arm around my shoulder.

"the hospital would be nice"

"well school isn't over yet but I'll give you a ride"

"Noo no no, I'll be fine Skyler really" he protests.

"Oh shut up Niall before I pick you up bridal style and throw you in the passenger seat myself" I giggle.

He stays silent for the rest of the walk to the car and I'd hoped I didn't offend him. Lord knows he's had enough.

I walk him over to the passenger side and open the door slowly. Niall stops and looks back at me.

"Could you really pick me up bridal style?" His accent shows and my smile grows wide. Even in this state he still jokes around with me.

At the hospital, Niall had to receive numerous stitches ,and a arm brace due to a broken shoulder, and a band around his chest/stomach due to a brown rib. If the doctors hadn't stopped soon he might as well had been a mummy.

"Do you need me to drive you home? " I ask politely.

"Its really far" Niall says, staring out the window into the dark blue sky.

"oh..." I say. "You wanna just crash at mine?"

Niall's head snaps quickly twords me then he winces in pain.

"Woah take it easy there Niall" I laugh.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" He says.

"Yea..why wouldn't it be?"

"N-no reason"

My mind becomes curious as to why he got so nervous all of a sudden. To ease the awkward, I turn on my radio to hear "Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood".

All I am is a man

I want the world in my hands

I hate the beach but I stand

In California with my toes in the sand

I sing along.

Use the sleeves on my sweater

Lets have an adventure

Head in the clouds but my gravitys centered

Touch my neck and I'll touch yours

You and those little high wasted shorts oh

Niall's P.O.V.

"You have a good taste in music" I speak up.

"Oh thanks! Jake told me about them a while back. I have their album at home and omg Niall they are AMAZING!! Especially the one named Jesse he's the leader singer and..."

Her voice carries on. I watch as she waves her hands around and throws her head back describing how "hot" each member is.

She's so beautiful. How crazy is it that she of all people reached out to me. I had thought she'd be like Madison at first but now I see.

"Niall?" She says. The car is parked infront of a medium sized house. flowers growing along the side, up to the chimney.

" My mom isn't home so we have the place all to ourselves" she says with a wink and my stomach drops. I'm sure my cheeks are already red.

"Jeez Irish kid I'm only kidding" she rolls her eyes.

"heh...I knew that"

"Sure you did. Cmon"

as we walked up the steps and opened the door, I noticed how bigger the house looks on the inside. the wooden floor was shining and the house is well furnished.

"nice huh?" she brags.

"eh...its 'ok'" I air quote and laugh.

"whatever. So um... yea I'll just have you stay in my room for the whole time being ok?" She says casually.

My heart is beating dangerously fast. and I'm pretty sure I'm sweating right now. sure I know she has a boyfriend and nothing is going to happen but even being close to her is just crazy to me. And I'm in her house.

" are you sure this isn't pushing it? I-i feel bad."

"Nah your good. I'll sleep on the floor cuz..you know that'd be kind of rude with you and your bruises and all" she smiles and heads down the hall. I follow.

She enters a room I'll presume to be hers and she sits down on the bed and pats beside her.

"Come here, wounded one" she says with a smile.

I limp over to her and sit as she crisscrosses her legs.

"So..." She starts.

"....So" I say.

"I'm still waiting for you to answer my question. Who keeps hurting you like this Niall?" Sadness etched across her face.

"I...I can't" I look away. Trying desperately to avoid eye contact.

"hey.." she says scooting closer to me.

Her hand travels to my face and her eyes look into mine.

"Niall...please? I can't help if you don't tell me." Her thumb rubbing my cheek.

I can't help it anymore. I stand up and pace around the room.

"It..it was Jake." I look away and run my fingers through my hair.

"Skyler it was Jake."