Part 5

I backed up to the hallway entrance and looked. My eyes landed on a blonde haired boy. He was curled up, knees to chest, crying. I was having a debate weather I should walk away or comfort him. But Before I knew it my feet were walking over to him. If I walked away now I'd just feel guilty.

I sat next to him on the floor and rested my hand on his back. I must've startled him because he flinched at the contact.

"Its ok" I said with a warm smile. "I'm Skyler"

His head rose and I was taken back by his appearance. His bottom lip was busted and he had a gash on his eyebrow. I came to realize this was the same guy who sneezed earlier. Having a closer look at his eyes I felt myself getting lost. He looked like some sort of an angel who had just gotten out of a battle. All he needed were wings. Ugh He was painfully beautiful.........wait what?!

He sniffed and rested his legs on the floor.

"I'm Niall" he spoke. I noticed a accent that I hadn't heard before. Ugh that just made him even more attractive. What was a Irish kid doing in L.A. anyway?

"If you don't mind be asking Niall, who did this to you?" I said daring to look him in the eyes. He looked away.

"I r-ran into a pole" he stuttered. I laughed. " you couldn't be more cliche than that" I said. He looked at me confused.

"Niall everybody says that when the get hurt and don't want to tell someone what really happened" I explained.

"You can trust me, ok?" I said. Reaching out my hand.

"......ok" he answered. Taking my hand and standing up.

"wanna go for a walk with me? I'm just trying to clear my mind over some things"

"uh sure" he says shyly. He reminded me of a puppy. Like, he wants love but can't seem to open up to people the same way he used to.

"Are you sure you ok?" I spoke softly.

" Yea..."

"well...I won't rush you to tell me who hurt you" I spoke.

"Thanks"

The bell rang again. I knew the hallways would be swarming with people in seconds.

"Niall do you want to be my friend?" I smiled. Knowing I'd get a reaction from him. He blushed.

"Sure" he said.

I tried to walk away but realized we were still holding hands when I felt a tug. I turned around and saw he was starting at our hands.

"Hey Niall?" I spoke. His head snapped up to look me in the eyes. I still had to get used to those things. If you stared into his eyes, you'd get pulled in and have no return.

"Can I have my hand back?" I chucked. He let go and looked a bit embarrassed.

I walked up to him and held my arms up.

"Hug?"

He immediately went into my arms and wrapped his arms around me. It sort of pained me that I barely got to chat with him.....Wait. No. Stop it. You have Jake.

"See you later buddy" I said when he finally chose to pull away.

"Bye Skyler"

"Call me Sky" I says with a wink. I walked to my next class ready to get this over so I can start my weekend.